Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Burlington

Burlington For residents of and soon to be residents of Burlington. Alton Village. Sundial, Fernbrook, Mattamy, Emery, Tribute, Valery, Legend Creek, Branthaven, Monarch, Thornwood

Old 2012-05-07, 09:20 AM
Regular User

Default Driveway Sealing

Has anyone had experience using Dino driveway sealing? They were in the area dropping off flyers on the weekend. $45 plus HST seems like a good deal.
Old 2012-05-07, 12:24 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by backspacer View Post
Has anyone had experience using Dino driveway sealing? They were in the area dropping off flyers on the weekend. $45 plus HST seems like a good deal.
Backspacer we got the same quote, I'm not familiar with the company however I do recall their ads in past years. I hired a local company last year, 50 bucks, and shortly after they sprayed an unexpected harsh storm came, they came out within 20 minutes of my phone call and put another coat down no questions asked. Father son team....

http://renewdriveway.com/
Old 2012-05-07, 01:00 PM
Regular User

We also had a quote, although for a bit more money. We are thinking about it as it does make it look so much better when done. Be interesting to see if people had a good experience from last year with them.
Old 2012-05-07, 01:18 PM
Regular User

We used them 2 years in a row and have no complaints.
Old 2012-05-07, 03:04 PM
Regular User

Thumbs up Renew

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.F.D. View Post
Backspacer we got the same quote, I'm not familiar with the company however I do recall their ads in past years. I hired a local company last year, 50 bucks, and shortly after they sprayed an unexpected harsh storm came, they came out within 20 minutes of my phone call and put another coat down no questions asked. Father son team....

http://renewdriveway.com/
I can second this recommendation. We used Renew last year and were very pleased with the quality and service. Family run business who takes pride in their work...not like some others that came knocking on the door last year...
Old 2012-05-08, 11:58 AM
Regular User

Thanks for the recommendations, it sounds like Renew is a good option as well. I am figuring 45 to 50 bucks to get it done is a no brainer as we only have a single car driveway... It wouldn't make sense for me to buy the sealer and brushes and do it myself and probably end up with excess sealer that I would have to store somewhere.
Old 2012-05-08, 12:28 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by backspacer View Post
Thanks for the recommendations, it sounds like Renew is a good option as well. I am figuring 45 to 50 bucks to get it done is a no brainer as we only have a single car driveway... It wouldn't make sense for me to buy the sealer and brushes and do it myself and probably end up with excess sealer that I would have to store somewhere.
Backspacer it takes literally minutes to complete the job, they brush off any excess dirt, tape lines if your neighbour is not interested and the spraying takes minutes, done.
Old 2012-05-08, 02:54 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.F.D. View Post
Backspacer it takes literally minutes to complete the job, they brush off any excess dirt, tape lines if your neighbour is not interested and the spraying takes minutes, done.
Oh, I don't doubt it, and I am sure they queue up a number of customers in the neighbourhood and do a blitz as well.
Old 2012-05-11, 09:56 AM
Regular User

I called renew for a quote and they gave me one for 125!!!
I assume its because i did a one off quote, I will mention they are double the other quote I got and see what they say.
Old 2012-05-11, 11:46 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Yonge View Post
I called renew for a quote and they gave me one for 125!!!
I assume its because i did a one off quote, I will mention they are double the other quote I got and see what they say.
Is that for a double car driveway?

My neighbour and I (shared driveway) have decided to go with Dino's Sealing, for $45 each.