Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Simcoe

Simcoe Orillia, Lake Simcoe, Lake Couchiching to Collingwood, Georgian Triangle, Barrie, Alliston, Cookstown, Tottenham, Bradford, Holland Marsh, Midland, Penetanguishene, Georgian Bay, Trent Severn Waterway.

Old 2010-06-09, 07:05 PM

Thanks for the input ....What model are you getting? Nice little community isn't it...
Do you know how much extra the glass shower door and granite fireplace surround is?

Old 2010-06-09, 07:13 PM
Regular User

We purchased a Chicory Elv. A.

The glass shower is about 2500$ and the black granite (vs. standard white marble) around the fireplace & a granite hearth is about 480$ I believe. One thing that you have to also consider is that the prices include taxes.. it's a final tally. They may seem high at first but if you take the taxes into account and the fact the items get covered by the warranty, *some* aren't too bad

You can actually call the decor center right away and ask them to email you a price list for your model.

And yes, we love Bradford.. We love the amenities and it looks like a very young and welcoming neighborhood.. we won't be closing until May 2011
Old 2010-06-10, 11:48 AM

Thanks so much for your information....If there is anything else you 'experienced' and you would like to share I'd appreciate that !

Thanks
Old 2010-06-11, 12:09 PM
Regular User

I Homies. Congratulations on your purchase. We purchased a semi in March 2009 and we moved in January 2010. So far I LOVE IT! Bradford is a great place and the people are super nice. We didn’t do many upgrades because we had a lot of the things we wanted like hard wood floor and upgraded master bedroom bathroom included when we bought….that’s what happens when you buy during a recession . I know that now they are not giving away many free-bees but like someone else mentions the prices are pretty standard everywhere. GGH has been great, so far no problems. Good luck!
Old 2010-06-11, 07:35 PM

Thanks for your info.! I'm glad you're happy in Bradford! Good to hear that GGH is good to work with! ...
Old 2010-06-15, 07:59 PM

Does anybody know about that factory near the site? Can you hear it throughout the day?
Old 2010-06-17, 01:35 PM
Regular User

I asked about that at the sales office before we purchased and they said it is a chicken packaging factory. Since we moved in January we have never heard or smelled anything at all.
Old 2010-07-06, 08:37 AM

I've got the maple, and we did a few upgrades so if you've got any more questions just shoot me a pm. Here's basically what we did though:

Hardwood all downstairs, upstairs hall and room above the garage, oak stairs, upgraded railings, smooth ceilings downstairs, glass shower, upgraded master tub, upgraded mantels in the office and family room, opening from office to living room, different doors throughout, 200 amp service, and a ton of stuff in the kitchen (built-in professional appliances: fridge, cook-top, double wall oven, fan. No bulkhead, extended cabinets, valence lighting, upgraded painted doors). We'll be putting in marble counters at some point. The granite price through GG seemed insane.

We did all the tile ourselves though (I'm actually in the process of finishing the second last bathroom this week before my mat leave runs out; we've got the master left to do). We found the tile pricing to just be too expensive through GG.

I know that my neighbor was actually able to buy just the shell of his house and do 90% of the interior themselves. I have no idea how much of a discount GG gave him, but if you're really handy, it's also an option I guess. For what it's worth, there was no way they were giving us any credit for the tile.

We did have them not install and mirrors in the bathrooms, or any toilet paper holders, soap holders, etc. I preferred to just shop around at Rona, Home Depot, HomeSense and get something I liked better.
Old 2010-07-07, 01:50 PM

Hello all,

I was looking for a forum exactly like this the whole time my house was being built and never found it. Now that I have been in my house for just over two months (after waiting a year from purchasing it), I finally found this forum today. Wish I had this tool while my house was being built, however I still am excited to join today.

It's great to see everyone enjoying their experiences with GGH, which I have as well. I'll just throw my two cents in on a couple of the questions raised.

As for the plant close to the site, I have not heard or smelled anything either. GG ensured that it would not be an issue which it hasn't been. It is nice that they created a bit of a barrier to relieve a bit of the eye sore. I grew up in Newmarket and can remember way back when you could see that factory from very far away.

We used a lot of upgrades in the kitchen and ensuite bathroom. We also did the glass shower and looks amazing! Ours was about the same as what 'daytripscanada' said with the $2500.

It's very exciting to see all that is going on in terms of commercial development around the area. On that note, does anyone know what is being built right now at the corner in front of Wild Wing??? I have searched everywhere for a "coming soon" sign, but am still left guessing. I was not aware of the Esso station going in across the street from the Petro either, that's pretty cool.

Anyway, thanks everyone. I'll be coming back to keep on top of all the going on here.
Old 2010-07-07, 05:44 PM
Regular User

Perhaps someone could help keep me posted as to when Blue Dasher Blvd. is actually paved and extended.. We keep driving up every few weeks and notice the sewers and hydrants are in, and they are grading the road but then last week we went and there was a giant hole dug up again. Don't want to go up until we can actually walk down and see where our giant spot of mud resides.