Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Simcoe

Simcoe Orillia, Lake Simcoe, Lake Couchiching to Collingwood, Georgian Triangle, Barrie, Alliston, Cookstown, Tottenham, Bradford, Holland Marsh, Midland, Penetanguishene, Georgian Bay, Trent Severn Waterway.

Old 2016-02-18, 02:31 AM

Default Also bought with Devonleigh

i know this is an old post but I was reading all these threads and feel so bad for everyone who has been delayed with these West Country Homes. I could not imagine my life being on hold 2-3 years for our house. We bought a Devonleigh home July 2015 and move in in two weeks! We couldn't be happier with our purchase. Beautiful area and just love how much space we have in our subdivision. We are coming from Barrie and can't wait to live in this lovely smaller town.
West Country seems to be finally moving along and in our subdivision they are almost complete. I believe they have nine lots available. It's quite a bit smaller though but I cannot believe how quickly this subdivision has come along. I hope Beeton is everything we hope it to be and hope our neighbours move into their new homes soon too. Take care!
Old 2016-02-18, 03:15 PM
Regular User

Hi Rachann
Thanks for the information on Devonleigh. Everyone from West Country has moved over to our FB group (West Country Neighbours). It is just easier to chat there.
Personally I prefer the looks of the houses in your subdivision but then I love the Craftsman style. I also noticed there is more space between the houses in your area. We live on Daniele north backing onto the new ponds. We have a beautiful view out the back now although we have been living in a construction zone for the past few years. I can't believe how quickly your area has progressed. Just drove by today and looks like most houses are finished. Over here there have been many delays partly due to backing onto protected land and then native artifacts were discovered and put everything on hold for another year. It will be beautiful once finished and those ravine lots will have spectacular views across the ponds.
I can't believe how quickly the prices have risen in this area the past couple years. Glad we bought when we did.

Welcome to Beeton. We have been here four years and love it!
Old 2016-02-18, 08:24 PM

Thanks for the reply Queenie.
What a pain to live through all that construction for so long. Im really happy with Devonleigh. We didnt have to pay for many upgrades as they give some great standard features. I heard some people were paying so much for things that we got standard for. There is only 90 homes going in and two phases it will be less hectic in our section. Also, like you said it is almost complete. Mostly everyone has moved in already and we are down near the pond off dayfoot so all those homes are finished except for 3 lots beside us. Then further down they are almost done but have about 9 lots left to sell. (If you know anyone that is looking. If they want to make $1000 dollars on closing they will have to contact me so let me know if you know anyone. Homes start at $399.995 ☺)
We are happy we did not move in when all the others did as it was so dirty and messy and prob so loud. I cant believe how close together those other homes are. They do have some nice lots there though by that pond and it will look so much better when it is all complete.
Have you been in the new model homes down the street? Holy! They are massive! What a development that is going in there. And so expensive too! Our house has already gone up $30,000 since we bought. Plus with that new development it is great for resale value. Not that we want to move anytime soon
I am also so happy we bought our house when we did. We didnt think moving South we would find anything under $400,000. We got so lucky! I commute to Brampton and when we saw these lots back in June we just knew this was where we wanted to live.
Anyway, sorry for such a long response. Looks like the West Country Homes are finally going up at a steady pace. It will look much better come the summer time! I cant wait to use all the local trails with my dog. We have done a few already and they are really great.
Okay Take Care! Maybe see you along the Beeton Path! Lol
Old 2016-02-18, 09:37 PM
Regular User

Yes I can't believe the prices for the homes to be built in the Valleyview subdivision over off Maple. They start in the mid 500's! The prices in this area when we were looking 4 years ago were 250-300k for the type house we were looking for. Now there is nothing under 400k! So you definitely made a good move. Inventory is low for Beeton and when something comes up in our area it is usually gone within 2 weeks. So resale value will be great although we bought here for our retirement and will stay put. We were so happy to find a large lot backing onto green space. We are from a town smaller than Beeton and this feels more like home. We both commute into Toronto for work but the peace and quiet here makes it worthwhile. I drive over to the carpool lot at 400 & Hwy 9 and take the Go Bus down to the subway at Yorkdale. It is about 2 hours each way and gets expensive but I couldn't stand living in a condo in the city. We only lasted living in Toronto for 2 years lol. We also have a dog..A Great Dane so needed a big backyard. Good luck with your move. Once the pond trails are finished you will have to bring your dog over for a walk this way. I will let you know if I hear of someone interested in buying in your subdivision. I think they have to fix Dayfoot and make improvements before they can build the houses on that side. They are only putting in about 120 in West Country for now but they do seem tight together. It has taken 20 years for anything new to be built in Beeton. Your area had its trees removed 10 years ago in preparation for development and then nothing happened. Nothing happens quickly here lol. Once Valleyview is finished that will be it because services will be maxed out so hopefully we will keep the small town feel for a long time to come. Good Luck and welcome.
Old 2016-02-18, 10:27 PM

It would def be nice to keep the small town feel. It will stay that way for a bit but ValleyView plans on building 600 homes so once that gets under way the town is going to be pretty busy. They will eventually have to put in more stores prob a Walmart and another couple of schools. Eek! I just hope that is really far down the road. We will will enjoy it while it lasts. 😀😀😀
Old 2016-02-18, 10:46 PM
Regular User

Yes Valleyview will double the towns size but so far no talk of more commercial being built. We have everything 10 minutes away in Alliston. I hope it stays that way too. Beeton has always fought for keeping the small town feel. They didn't want any semis or towns built here but Valleyview fought and got their 120 semis back in. still i dont think anything more will happen after that for another 20 years. the services cant handle anymore so we are safe for awhile