Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Simcoe

Simcoe Orillia, Lake Simcoe, Lake Couchiching to Collingwood, Georgian Triangle, Barrie, Alliston, Cookstown, Tottenham, Bradford, Holland Marsh, Midland, Penetanguishene, Georgian Bay, Trent Severn Waterway.

Old 2017-03-06, 02:01 PM
Regular User

By the way, I am actually very optimistic or conservative with my estimates. It could even be 20-30k higher than what I guessed. But who knows... Its Innisfil afterall, for now. Wait until the GO gets build, I wonder what the final two phases would be like.
Old 2017-03-06, 04:44 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter8299 View Post
By the way, I am actually very optimistic or conservative with my estimates. It could even be 20-30k higher than what I guessed. But who knows... Its Innisfil afterall, for now. Wait until the GO gets build, I wonder what the final two phases would be like.
I remember the Fisher model is last sold at 815k to start, we are probably going to see the 42 lots to go as high as 950 and the 50 lots to go as high as 1050k, the potential buyers outnumber the # of lots in almost all the projects recently released my suspicion is they are going to error on the high side
Old 2017-03-14, 01:07 PM
Regular User

We did out fist structural appointment.
Got rid of popcorn tops, little moving walls, frameless shower in master, bigger basement windows etc.
Didn't do major things like second floor or basement floor 8->9ft. Price tag each of these was 20K ish so we skipped it.
Asked how the progress is. Rep said they are doing electrical for neighborhood though in 4 months technically Phase 1 should move, so he said expect delays.
I think Phases will get delayed 6 months to a year.
Old 2017-03-14, 03:16 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by erexa View Post
Got rid of popcorn tops, little moving walls, frameless shower in master, bigger basement windows etc.
Didn't do major things like second floor or basement floor 8->9ft. Price tag each of these was 20K ish so we skipped it.
Asked how the progress is. Rep said they are doing electrical for neighborhood though in 4 months technically Phase 1 should move, so he said expect delays.
Absolutely fine with me. Home prices are still strong, so holding on to my current home 6 months longer is not a bad thing in this market.
Old 2017-03-14, 10:55 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiP View Post
Absolutely fine with me. Home prices are still strong, so holding on to my current home 6 months longer is not a bad thing in this market.
True that !!!
Old 2017-03-14, 11:56 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Mind to share what the cost was to do smooth ceiling and frameless shower in master?

So phase 2 releases should be pushed back 6-12 months. I thought their closing was quite long before, I remember phase 2 had 2018 Summer closing.

I believe they are releasing phase 3 this Spring too. Probably mid-to-late 2019 closing. Probably not enough trades head that north.
Old 2017-03-16, 08:04 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter8299 View Post
Mind to share what the cost was to do smooth ceiling and frameless shower in master?

So phase 2 releases should be pushed back 6-12 months. I thought their closing was quite long before, I remember phase 2 had 2018 Summer closing.

I believe they are releasing phase 3 this Spring too. Probably mid-to-late 2019 closing. Probably not enough trades head that north.
Smooth celling for first floor was 2150 and slightly more 2500 for second floor. Frameless shower 4500.
Old 2017-03-17, 02:24 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Smooth celling for first floor was 2150 and slightly more 2500 for second floor. Frameless shower 4500.
Thanks for the info! On our way back from Blue Mountain, we drove by the site, it looks like they are still far from being able to start any foundation. Looks like delays are really in the book.
Old 2017-03-23, 08:09 PM
Regular User

There are a few plans that we are interested in on both the 36' and 42' lots but it would be great to know when they are going to be released and their prices so we know if we can actually afford one lol.

Were there any upgrade or incentives when purchasing in the last phase? Guess they don't really need to include them like they used to...people will buy anyway..
Old 2017-03-24, 06:48 PM
Regular User

take a look at www.stonemanorwoods.ca
larger lots, bigger homes and a really nice community.
just a little further up on the 400 but just 5 mins off the highway.
in my opinion the price is right at stonemanor compared to other areas