Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Burlington

Burlington For residents of and soon to be residents of Burlington. Alton Village. Sundial, Fernbrook, Mattamy, Emery, Tribute, Valery, Legend Creek, Branthaven, Monarch, Thornwood

Old 2009-09-02, 09:21 AM
Regular User

Question No more pricing quotes by email?

I was told yesterday that Sundial will no longer be giving out pricing for upgrades and changes by email because of the high volume of requests they've been getting. Instead, pricing will not be available until the structural appointments. Is anyone else annoyed by this? Quick question for those that have had their structural appointments - Did you have to make your decisions and choices at the appointment? Or were you able to go home and think about it a bit. I'm a little stressed thinking that we'll have to make these major costly decisions in such a short amount of time, or worse yet, on the spot. I know I would have appreciated pricing ahead of time so I can budget my upgrades accordingly.
Old 2009-09-02, 09:48 AM
Regular User

find this a bit ridiculous since the decor centre has price lists by model type for most common upgrades and changes, why can't they at least provide that in advance of the appointment
Old 2009-09-02, 10:04 AM

After the stuctural appointment, you have 3 weeks to decide on your changes.
You can then send email requests for any additional changes.
Unfortunately there is one person handling this. Do this think they can hire someone else to help with the load???
I guess, they need to save money!!!
Old 2009-09-02, 10:54 AM
Regular User

I could be completely wrong, but the less time you get to research alternatives, the better for them. It's very different from when we purchased...
Old 2009-09-10, 03:08 PM
Regular User

Cool

Yeah I agree I think they don't provide pricing in writing for you before the appointments so you can price match else where ( home depot and such)
I think it's silly to keep it "secret"

Some upgrade choices are pricey and people don't want two hour time slots to pick.

I was proved with a lis tof possible upgrades in the mail from them for their Mulberry MEadows in Ajax. but if course no prices..And not a very explanation beside each upgrade
Old 2009-09-11, 07:58 AM
Regular User

I have that list too. Ah well, I guess I'm lucky enough that we did get some pricing before they made this change. Knowing that I have 3 weeks after to finalize a decision helps a little bit. I can't believe how frustrated I am and we've just started this process! Grrr!