Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Oakville

Old 2009-04-14, 03:26 PM
Regular User

Default Landmart homes in Oakville. Your experiences ?

Has anyone here ever dealt with Landmart homes ? They have some houses in Oakville, near the 3rd Line and Dundas area.

If anyone has first hand experience with this builder please let me know.
Old 2009-04-17, 10:49 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaoliveira View Post
Has anyone here ever dealt with Landmart homes ? They have some houses in Oakville, near the 3rd Line and Dundas area.

If anyone has first hand experience with this builder please let me know.
Are you talking about homes behind Olive restaurant? They're great looking stucco/stone houses.

I had the same question for a friend who is working in residential construction and he gave a very high rating for Landmart's quality. I believe Landmart is also an expert in building house with exterior stucco.

He ranked Landmart as one of the top builders in terms of quality and prestige in Oakville. But Lanmart is expensive and we opted for other options.
Old 2009-04-20, 11:55 PM
Regular User

Yeah - that's the one.

So I ended up buying the Oxford model today from Landmart. Closing will be in December, but we do have a 90 option to delay it.

Seemed a great value for what you get, compared to other builders. I almost bought a Sundial Mackenzie model in Alton Village, but wanted Oakville versus Burlington and the Landmart home looked really nice with the stucco finish.

I will update this thread as time goes by.
Old 2009-04-22, 07:24 PM

Houses are very nice from the outside... lots of curb appeal with the stone and stucco. However, the interior layout is lacking in design features and functionality. Also, seems to be bit over priced - doesn't seem like your getting the true value - hopefully the finishing touches make up for this.
Old 2009-04-30, 01:24 AM
Regular User

About the value I'd say its the contrary. I could not find a better value for a similar house with same sq footage and lot size.

Mine is the Oxford model (double car garage) with 2520 sq ft on a 40ft lot. Price was $496K. There was a Chelsea model with 1830 sq ft on a 36 ft lot going for $396K.

I compared to all other builders in Oakville and found nothing even close.
Old 2009-04-30, 08:31 PM
Regular User

Landmart builds a lot in Hamilton. I work in Hamilton and they don't have a very good reputation with there quality. Don't let the nice exterior touches mislead you. I suggest you research their history in the Hamilton area to find out more about them.
Old 2009-04-30, 09:28 PM
Regular User

Is there any builder with a good reputation ? I hear problems with every single builder out there.

My current home is a Regal Crest (the quality builder - as per their website) and I will never in my life buy another one. My previous house was a Mattamy and I'd buy another one blind folded, even thou my friend is about to sue them after TONS of problems.
Old 2009-04-30, 10:00 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaoliveira View Post
Is there any builder with a good reputation ? I hear problems with every single builder out there.

My current home is a Regal Crest (the quality builder - as per their website) and I will never in my life buy another one. My previous house was a Mattamy and I'd buy another one blind folded, even thou my friend is about to sue them after TONS of problems.
Point well taken. However, you did ask for others experiences and I have suggested that from what I have heard they are not in the higher tier of builders. Since you did not find there prices comparable to the other builders in Oakville does that not raise some concerns for you?
Old 2009-05-01, 12:22 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautical View Post
Houses are very nice from the outside... lots of curb appeal with the stone and stucco. However, the interior layout is lacking in design features and functionality. Also, seems to be bit over priced - doesn't seem like your getting the true value - hopefully the finishing touches make up for this.
Stone? I do not see stone anywhere on these homes. Some houses are a little plain looking, it would have been nice if the builder had used a combination of materials.
Old 2009-05-01, 02:10 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by amd1 View Post
Point well taken. However, you did ask for others experiences and I have suggested that from what I have heard they are not in the higher tier of builders. Since you did not find there prices comparable to the other builders in Oakville does that not raise some concerns for you?
I totally understand your comments and appreciate your efforts to add information to the thread.

I will keep this updated as I get more info on the builder.