Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Burlington

Burlington For residents of and soon to be residents of Burlington. Alton Village. Sundial, Fernbrook, Mattamy, Emery, Tribute, Valery, Legend Creek, Branthaven, Monarch, Thornwood

Old 2006-12-01, 10:34 AM
Regular User

Default ferguson (sundial) creek

Hello all,
I just discovered this forum. Pretty sweet.

Does anyone have any info on what the grading will be like backing on to the creek on Ferguson? It looks like it may be a large incline from the road to the creek. Unless they just level the property and slope down from the fence line.

Any info is welcome.

We bought the Nile (hence the handle) prop# 106
Old 2006-12-05, 10:11 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileguy
Hello all,
I just discovered this forum. Pretty sweet.

Does anyone have any info on what the grading will be like backing on to the creek on Ferguson? It looks like it may be a large incline from the road to the creek. Unless they just level the property and slope down from the fence line.

Any info is welcome.

We bought the Nile (hence the handle) prop# 106

Hi, your talking to the purchaser of lot #111, from what I know the land is supposed to be flat. I've been speaking the city engineer and he did not mention anything about our backyards being on a slope, and no retaining wall. There is going to be a walk way between the landscaping that they have just completed and our back yards. When are you closing??
Old 2006-12-10, 11:16 AM
Regular User

Default Hey Boughtthenile

I'm actually, lot 261. sorry, no idea what I was thinking there.
We close in July 2008. The land seems to be rather level with the creek if you are standing at south ferguson near walmart. If you go to the top where we are near Thomas alton dr. It seems like there is a bit of a incline. I'm guessing because it's uphill for the bridge.
What is the closing for you Nile and have you had any appointments yet?
Old 2006-12-12, 07:05 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileguy
I'm actually, lot 261. sorry, no idea what I was thinking there.
We close in July 2008. The land seems to be rather level with the creek if you are standing at south ferguson near walmart. If you go to the top where we are near Thomas alton dr. It seems like there is a bit of a incline. I'm guessing because it's uphill for the bridge.
What is the closing for you Nile and have you had any appointments yet?

My closing is November 1, 2007. Yes, we have already went in for structural, prepaire for that, everything costs big $$$. next is our upgrades in the homes and from I've seen on the forum they to are quite expensive.
Old 2006-12-12, 09:13 PM
Regular User

Hi there,

Based on your experience with you structural meeting, how receptive is Sundial to changes such as adding or removing things?

Did they give you any prices for the more common strutural changes?

Thanks
Mark
Old 2006-12-13, 09:36 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by amd1
Hi there,

Based on your experience with you structural meeting, how receptive is Sundial to changes such as adding or removing things?

Thanks
Mark
Hi Mark,

Prior to your structural appointment (and also at the Sundial Seminar) you should be given a list of the most common structural upgrades. There is no pricing included on that sheet, but it gives you an idea of the common upgrades that are done. We were able to e-mail ahead of our structural appointment for some pricing, other pricing was provided at our structural meeting. Since we are on a budget for our upgrades, we also inquired about some of the prices for what they consider 'colour' upgrades...changing kitchen cabinets, closet doors etc. - they were able to give us this information which helped us in deciding just how much we were willing to spend on structural changes.

There were a few 'custom' structural options that we inquired about, and were sent pricing for at a later time. After your structural appointment, you get a couple of weeks to think about and finalize your upgrades - you don't have to do it all at the appointment which we found quite good - with previous new home purchases, we have had to make the decisions right there at the appointment.

At the structural appointment, you will receive a sheet listing the most common 'colour' upgrades - this includes things like kitchen changes, tile changes etc. Again, no prices are included, but it does give you an idea of what options are available. You can always e-mail for a quote on some of those colour options (price quotes are only valid for 5 days though!)

We have been told that there is no cost to remove 'standard' features, but you will not receive a credit or any form of compensation if you choose to remove them. I think they are quite receptive to adding things - but beware that the pricing might reflect that!

We close August 27, 2007 and had our structural appointment on November 22nd...we have been told our 'colours' appointment will probably be scheduled around February.
Old 2006-12-19, 08:43 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by amd1
Hi there,

Thanks
Mark
They are very good, more then willing to add or remove walls etc as long as your willing to pay, seems like everything we wanted moved costed us $$$. Even to move a cable outlet costed 75 bucks.

There is a thread for you on this site that gives you a rough idea of what the prices will be.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I would be glad to help!