Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Burlington

Burlington For residents of and soon to be residents of Burlington. Alton Village. Sundial, Fernbrook, Mattamy, Emery, Tribute, Valery, Legend Creek, Branthaven, Monarch, Thornwood

Old 2007-06-03, 05:29 PM
mady2006

Default Sundial Lot 114? Missing...

I was at our lot today checking out the foundation when I noticed the lot next to me on the rightwas not even dug but #112 and #113 were. It almost seems that no home is going there, anyone with any insight???

Last edited by mady2006; 2007-10-24 at 11:15 AM.
Old 2007-06-03, 08:53 PM
Regular User

Our lot is the same way. We're lot 104 and ours hasn't been dug yet because the building permit was just applied for on May 18th. There will be a house beside you but Sundial has just been slow at getting the building permits applied for. We are supposed to close August 13th but I'm pretty sure it will be at least 3 months late. I don't really understand the order in which they do things. They are backfilling foundations for houses that close in October and November first. Doesn't make much sense to me.
Old 2007-06-03, 10:42 PM
Regular User

sometimes they leave a house "undug" till near the end, for a fire route. i think by law they have to do this throughout the community.
Old 2007-06-04, 09:16 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileguy View Post
sometimes they leave a house "undug" till near the end, for a fire route. i think by law they have to do this throughout the community.
Yep...probably a fire break
Old 2007-06-04, 12:08 PM
Regular User

Default I'm 114

From what I understand the problem with ours is that we choose the Orinoco style house which was not approved when the other homes were approved. They must have made changes and re-applied for permits.
Old 2007-06-04, 12:24 PM
Regular User

Do you know what was wrong with the Orinoco?

I close the end of June 2008. I bought the Nile. I still have not had a meeting for new home owners offered by Sundial.

Should I have had a appointment with Sundial by now for my first meeting?
I am unfamiliar with the process since this is my first new home.

Thanks
Anthony
Old 2007-06-04, 01:15 PM
Regular User

I called the city and they said that there was only an issue with one of the lots and I think it was lot 94 or something close to that. They told me that Sundial hadn't graded it properly and were trying to add 7 steps in front of it but the city wouldn't let them because it was so close to the road already. They were just waiting for Sundial to resubmit the drawings. That was in the beginning of May when I called. As for the fire houses, I know in some surveys have them but I don't understand why would they would give a closing of August on one of those houses if they knew it wasn't going to be built until the end. I'm assuming that they know about these things well in advance.

Our closing is August 13th and we had our structurals in November (9 months before) and colour appointment in March (5 months before). That may give you an indication of what to expect.
Old 2007-06-05, 11:30 AM
Regular User

they better not put a walk way where my house is supposed to go! ha ha! Or I'll be camping out on it!