Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2020-10-31, 11:46 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaC View Post
Caivan's are even smaller than Mattamy's. I've seen lots 69' deep from Caivan.
Yup I see one of the first re-sale listing in that development just went up the other day and it's only 69' deep. The houses themselves look really big, but they are simply a different shape and perhaps that's partly why. Way more frontage and not nearly as deep as what most of the builders (including Mattamy) are doing these days. The sq footage ends up being a bit smaller than Mattamy (if you compare using same lot size/width).
Old 2020-10-31, 10:15 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonC View Post
But someone like our neighbour (who neglects his front/back yard and weeds are at hip level) would not care for more land since he can barely take care of what he has now!
That sort of neglect really grinds my gears.
Old 2020-12-16, 11:33 AM

Hello!

Has anyone heard anything about design centre appointments etc? I’m curious how it’s happening due to the current situation around COVID.

I know in the past Mattamy has had open house nights for people to come in and take a look at possible upgrades & costs, but I believe those haven’t been happening.

Patrick
Old 2020-12-16, 08:51 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickm View Post
Hello!

Has anyone heard anything about design centre appointments etc? Iím curious how itís happening due to the current situation around COVID.

I know in the past Mattamy has had open house nights for people to come in and take a look at possible upgrades & costs, but I believe those havenít been happening.

Patrick
I believe an open house is not happening anymore. For us, we got a three hours appointment to go through every detail in one time (it is overwhelming)
It seems easy, but there are many selections and dissensions you need to make. Then we got another appointment two weeks after the first appointment for one hour to make sure about the selections you made and finalizing the document to sign

We got the prices and the selections list before the appointment which helped a lot.
Old 2020-12-16, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeDream View Post
I believe an open house is not happening anymore. For us, we got a three hours appointment to go through every detail in one time (it is overwhelming)
It seems easy, but there are many selections and dissensions you need to make. Then we got another appointment two weeks after the first appointment for one hour to make sure about the selections you made and finalizing the document to sign

We got the prices and the selections list before the appointment which helped a lot.
Thanks for the response!

Was this for the Connections community? Or somewhere else?

Patrick
Old 2020-12-16, 10:12 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickm View Post
Thanks for the response!

Was this for the Connections community? Or somewhere else?

Patrick

No it was for Half Moon Bay Barrhaven , I think it is the same Design Center
Old 2021-02-22, 04:41 PM
Regular User

Default Structural upgrades

Aside from getting 9' ceilings on the main floor (a standard pretty much everywhere), did anyone opt for 9' ceilings on the second floor? Anyone with experience having both floors with higher ceilings? If so, is that something you would do again?

Trying to gauge the prevalence of this in the newer projects...if it's a new norm or "standard" upgrade now amongst new buyers then I definitely will consider it!

Thanks
Old 2021-02-24, 10:46 PM

We also bought a parkside in Unity so will be your neighbours
Have you picked up exterior color?

Quote:
Starting a new thread for the Mattamy Connections project. Eager to meet future neighbours here and share updates on construction dates, pricing on upgrades, and later group buying for AC, eavetroughs, fencing, etc...pretty much anything and everything real estate!

Which model and street did everyone buy on?

Allison
-Parkside
-Unity Place
Old 2021-02-27, 01:40 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyR View Post
We also bought a parkside in Unity so will be your neighbours
Have you picked up exterior color?
Awesome! Parkside is a very popular model, what elevation did you choose?

We picked our exteriors a few weeks ago, was fun going to their Abbotsville neighbourhood to check out the colours in person first. Theirs is the closest to the brick boards for Connections. Have you chosen your colours as well?
Old 2021-02-27, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Awesome! Parkside is a very popular model, what elevation did you choose?

We picked our exteriors a few weeks ago, was fun going to their Abbotsville neighbourhood to check out the colours in person first. Theirs is the closest to the brick boards for Connections. Have you chosen your colours as well?
Yes, and we went to Half Moon Bay to look after a preferred combination

Our closing date will be in Jan so the first design studio appointment will be some time in May