Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill

Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill For residents and soon-to-be residents of Mattamys On Main and Wheler's Mill.

Old 2006-05-21, 04:21 PM
Regular User

Default Decorative Door Insert

Hello!

As Cameron and I drove around the Wheeler's Mill subdivision today, we noticed that some Victorian Style houses had a fancy door insert (similar to that of the Farnham model home). Does anyone know if this is an upgrade? And if so, how much did it cost?

We checked out the list of upgrades in the Farmham model but the door was not listed as an upgrade so we are hoping that it is standard.

Thanks!

Heather
Old 2006-05-21, 10:43 PM
Regular User

we were thinking we would get that door too as it is in the picture for our elevation... but our door just has a huge retangular insert instead... even though there is actually a picture of the ornate one drawn on our door!

there was no mention of the insert as an upgrade at our design appointments and if i remember correctly, they couldn't even confirm back then what the door would look like.

Sean & Laurie
Bassett Elev \'B\'
Wheler's Mill
MOVED IN!
Old 2006-05-21, 11:22 PM
Regular User

Hi gizmo!

We are not happy with the square window with the oval insert inside either. We were really looking forward to the oval insert in the door as it is unique and adds character to the house. There are four lots so far on the Wheeler's side that have the 'fancy' doors rather than the square window with the oval insert. We would really prefer the 'fancy' door. Did they talk about what the door would look like at the builder's meeting?

Thanks!
Heather and Cameron
Old 2006-05-22, 09:18 AM
Regular User

The one good thing though is that you can purchase an insert aftermarket and they have several different ones to choose from - decorative glass ones with different patterns/designs and even ones with wrougt iron and privacy glass. We saw some of these at the Home Show and I really like the wrought iron ones. It will probably be less expensive than upgrading through the builder. I will ask about it again at our framewalk - which should be in about a week or two - because if ithe decorative door is supposed to be standard with our house then of course I would want them to change it!

Laurie

Sean & Laurie
Bassett Elev \'B\'
Wheler's Mill
MOVED IN!
Old 2006-05-22, 10:30 PM
Regular User

Don't worry folks!

I too do NOT like that window in the victorian style homes. We too have a victorian style and on Friday at our framewalk I passed comment to the site super. He told me not to worry and that all of us were getting the beautiful oval fancy window and the ugly things were going. Apparantly the window company tried to scam Mattamy and put in the ugly ones, but they didn't succeed as Mattamy told them to put them right.....so we all get new doors and the new window after closing......if you're closing is relatively soon. And it's not an upgrade!!!!

Excited now?

Kwik-Post Decks, Fences and Postholes : 905-473-3536
Old 2006-05-22, 10:49 PM
Regular User

Hi Danielle and Ted!

Thank you so much for the information!!! We are so EXCITED!!! Did the site super say that this was for Mattamy on Main too? Not just Wheeler's Mill?

Thanks again!
Heather and Cameron
Old 2006-05-22, 10:52 PM
Regular User

As far as we know anyone who has it in their artist scketch gets it! I was not happy, I was already planning on changing the window cause the one that is in is hideous in my opinion. LOL

Danielle

Old 2006-05-22, 10:55 PM
Regular User

Thanks Danielle!

I agree with you 100%! Those other doors are horrible! Cameron and I have been searching the internet all day for inserts that we like to replace the glass on the front door.

Thanks again for the information! I will definitely sleep better tonight!
Heather
Old 2006-05-22, 10:57 PM
Regular User

no problem!

Old 2006-05-23, 12:10 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle & Ted
We too have a victorian style and on Friday at our framewalk I passed comment to the site super. He told me not to worry and that all of us were getting the beautiful oval fancy window and the ugly things were going. Apparantly the window company tried to scam Mattamy and put in the ugly ones, but they didn't succeed as Mattamy told them to put them right.....so we all get new doors and the new window after closing......if you're closing is relatively soon. And it's not an upgrade!!!!
Oh, man I hope not :shock:

I really do not like the oval windows, sorry to disagree with everyone, it just reminds me of the house I grew up in, not my style :wink: . I wonder if they can leave in the square one for us, time to make some calls. All the inserts I like are square frames.

Mike