Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane

Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane For residents and soon-to-be residents of Stouffvilles Main Street and River Ridge, Great Gulf Homes, Fieldgate, Greenpark and more!

Old 2009-05-28, 10:51 AM
Regular User

Default Glass Door Inserts

Does anybody know how much Treasure Hill charges for the decorative Glass inserts for the front doors?
I have noticed while driving around the Site that 99% of the TH homes have them, so I am assuming they must not charge an arm and a leg.
I also noticed that the 1% that do not, don't have any window of anykind in thier front door. Is this standard for treasure hill???

Old 2009-06-04, 01:11 PM
Regular User

Nobody Knows??????

Old 2009-06-04, 06:10 PM
Regular User

Hey There,

We live in a Treasure Hill Home on Grandwood Avenue and our Glass Door insert came with the house.

If the house does not have them they could be the inventory homes that have not sold our closed yet.

Hope that helps!
Old 2009-06-04, 10:49 PM
Regular User

i think they sell them at homedepot for around 70-90$ A friend at work installed one at his home and his parents. Measure and cut with sawzall and insert, he says it was pretty easy work.
Old 2009-06-06, 09:07 PM
Regular User

If the door already comes with a glass insert (not decorative) then all you have to do is buy an insert. You can sometimes find people in the driveway of a mall or plaza selling these inserts for cheap - we bought ours (for our first home) at the Pickering Flea Market -and the guy came and installed it for a small fee - but I think if you are handy it's pretty easy to do yourself. Our glass (decorative insert) was less than $100 (maybe even $60) I think but I don't remember exactly - I know it wasn't that expensive.
Old 2009-06-07, 02:04 PM
Regular User

Thanks for the replies