Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Aurora

Aurora Minto, Kylemore, Aspen Ridge and Townwood

Old 2014-05-06, 01:23 PM
Regular User

I saw they are tearing down the sales office this morning. A couple of houses have already been up!!
Old 2014-05-07, 11:09 PM
Regular User

Yes we drive by every weekend; many lot foundations have been poured and many are going up now. It is progressing very fast! Maybe you will close on time!
Old 2014-06-11, 10:42 AM
Regular User

Has any purchaser whose closing was originally July but has been notified for two months of delay been notified again for any potential delay? Mine was Sep but now pushed out to mid-Dec Wondering if there's any further delay OR this is something I can negotiate with the builder to push out way further like sometime next year.

BTW, lots of traffic to the Aurora Trails sales office these days. I've heard the sales are going crazy.
Old 2014-06-11, 01:31 PM
Regular User

wow, from july to sept, then mid-dec? have you driven by the site? is your house being built? i see so many homes going up, i thought delays wouldn't be a problem! mine is end of november so im hoping no delays for me as the foundation is poured and framing ready to go up.
try talking to them, no hurt in trying! good luck!
Old 2014-06-11, 01:47 PM
Regular User

Hi Boake, just Sep to mid-Dec, not from July. I heard that original July closing has been delayed to Sep and was wondering whether another round of delay has been notified or not. Sorry for the confusion.

If your closing is end of Nov, then you'll probably be notified around mid to end of Aug based on the 90 days Tarion policy if there's any delay. Hopefully the project schedule is back on track by then. Good luck!
Old 2014-06-11, 02:00 PM
Regular User

oh i see!
but yes, mid-dec is not an ideal time to be moving.
yes, i would be notified by end of Aug if any delay.

what street are you on? almost all the foundations are poured for every lot. maybe your house happens to be the fire break?
Old 2014-06-11, 04:02 PM
Regular User

That's right, Boake. Almost all lot have their foundation already poured. I usually take the trail behind the site on almost every weekend and check out the latest status of my lot. Many already have their roofs by now but only the foundation for mine. When I heard there's going to be two months delay for July closing, I expected less than two months for me, hoping the builder would throw more hands on it but apparently not.
Old 2014-06-11, 06:14 PM
Regular User

Our late August closing got pushed to early December. The puzzling thing is some houses on the main entrance street I believe purchased after us but some houses on that street look bricked, framed, with roofing done. End of August closing would have worked out perfectly for so many reasons but nothing I can do know. I would almost prefer an even later closing so I can sell my house next spring vs fall winter
Old 2014-06-11, 09:55 PM
Regular User

Exactly, bendlam. I was planning for move out and in based on early Sep closing of mine originally. Now I'm not sure how many potential buyers would consider my house seriously when its closing is such a long shot and to make matters worse, it's mid Dec.

I might conact the builder and ask 1) if any pull-in is feasible and 2) how further the builder would allow push-out without any penalty occurred. Anyone have previous experience of such a discussion with this builder, please share with us. Thanks!
Old 2014-06-11, 10:07 PM
Regular User

I don't think it hurts to ask but who do you ask? The sales center is closed. Our neighbor who sold recently said their builder was quite flexible and were quite accommodating to delaying with no penalty, they just worked on other homes. I think in our case most homes are probably slated for a latest Dec Jan close so anything beyond would be pretty unheard of but not impossible. I'm surprised how fast they are moving on some homes, Wendy at the decor center told us they hired more crew to speed up the process. We also see plenty if people working on the weekends and even may long weekend holiday so they are indeed rolling. If you know who to contact let me know and if you do talk to the builder I would love to hear how it goes.