Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Aurora

Aurora Minto, Kylemore, Aspen Ridge and Townwood


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 2014-05-06, 01:23 PM
ilike ilike is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Aurora
Posts: 55
Default

I saw they are tearing down the sales office this morning. A couple of houses have already been up!!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 2014-05-07, 11:09 PM
Boake Boake is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 39
Default

Yes we drive by every weekend; many lot foundations have been poured and many are going up now. It is progressing very fast! Maybe you will close on time!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 2014-06-11, 10:42 AM
ilike ilike is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Aurora
Posts: 55
Default

Has any purchaser whose closing was originally July but has been notified for two months of delay been notified again for any potential delay? Mine was Sep but now pushed out to mid-Dec Wondering if there's any further delay OR this is something I can negotiate with the builder to push out way further like sometime next year.

BTW, lots of traffic to the Aurora Trails sales office these days. I've heard the sales are going crazy.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 2014-06-11, 01:31 PM
Boake Boake is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 39
Default

wow, from july to sept, then mid-dec? have you driven by the site? is your house being built? i see so many homes going up, i thought delays wouldn't be a problem! mine is end of november so im hoping no delays for me as the foundation is poured and framing ready to go up.
try talking to them, no hurt in trying! good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 2014-06-11, 01:47 PM
ilike ilike is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Aurora
Posts: 55
Default

Hi Boake, just Sep to mid-Dec, not from July. I heard that original July closing has been delayed to Sep and was wondering whether another round of delay has been notified or not. Sorry for the confusion.

If your closing is end of Nov, then you'll probably be notified around mid to end of Aug based on the 90 days Tarion policy if there's any delay. Hopefully the project schedule is back on track by then. Good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 2014-06-11, 02:00 PM
Boake Boake is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 39
Default

oh i see!
but yes, mid-dec is not an ideal time to be moving.
yes, i would be notified by end of Aug if any delay.

what street are you on? almost all the foundations are poured for every lot. maybe your house happens to be the fire break?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 2014-06-11, 04:02 PM
ilike ilike is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Aurora
Posts: 55
Default

That's right, Boake. Almost all lot have their foundation already poured. I usually take the trail behind the site on almost every weekend and check out the latest status of my lot. Many already have their roofs by now but only the foundation for mine. When I heard there's going to be two months delay for July closing, I expected less than two months for me, hoping the builder would throw more hands on it but apparently not.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 2014-06-11, 06:14 PM
bendlam bendlam is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 142
Default

Our late August closing got pushed to early December. The puzzling thing is some houses on the main entrance street I believe purchased after us but some houses on that street look bricked, framed, with roofing done. End of August closing would have worked out perfectly for so many reasons but nothing I can do know. I would almost prefer an even later closing so I can sell my house next spring vs fall winter
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 2014-06-11, 09:55 PM
ilike ilike is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Aurora
Posts: 55
Default

Exactly, bendlam. I was planning for move out and in based on early Sep closing of mine originally. Now I'm not sure how many potential buyers would consider my house seriously when its closing is such a long shot and to make matters worse, it's mid Dec.

I might conact the builder and ask 1) if any pull-in is feasible and 2) how further the builder would allow push-out without any penalty occurred. Anyone have previous experience of such a discussion with this builder, please share with us. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 2014-06-11, 10:07 PM
bendlam bendlam is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 142
Default

I don't think it hurts to ask but who do you ask? The sales center is closed. Our neighbor who sold recently said their builder was quite flexible and were quite accommodating to delaying with no penalty, they just worked on other homes. I think in our case most homes are probably slated for a latest Dec Jan close so anything beyond would be pretty unheard of but not impossible. I'm surprised how fast they are moving on some homes, Wendy at the decor center told us they hired more crew to speed up the process. We also see plenty if people working on the weekends and even may long weekend holiday so they are indeed rolling. If you know who to contact let me know and if you do talk to the builder I would love to hear how it goes.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RoyalCliff Homes in Aurora davyfink Aurora 9 2011-11-14 09:23 PM
Expectant mom's in Aurora! LJB Aurora 0 2011-04-11 11:56 AM
Aurora Oak Ridges Moraine monkey101 Aurora 1 2009-08-03 02:10 PM
Starlane in Aurora joejack Aurora 9 2008-04-12 02:31 AM
Daycares in Aurora Joy Aurora 4 2008-02-04 12:29 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:20 AM.



Copyright © PHAND Corporation
This document may not be used elsewhere without the expressed written consent of PHAND Corporation.
*** There is no association between this website and any builder. ***

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.