Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Aurora

Aurora Minto, Kylemore, Aspen Ridge and Townwood

Old 2014-06-12, 11:20 AM
Regular User

Yes, that is a difference I find with working with this builder; it isn't like the builder I've bought from in the past where they have a dedicated customer service rep for specific sites - so you have that one main contact for everything. Now you will need to go through their head office.
I saw my lot has foundation poured and the basement windows are in, so hopefully that is a good sign that it will be one of the ones that will go up as well. And yes, lots of work is being done... a few homes are basically complete on the outside, only the interior needs to be worked on.
Old 2014-06-16, 03:50 PM
Regular User

Okay, so I did contact corp office and talked to someone who's dealing with closing dates. As expected, there's almost no chance to pull in what's been delayed. I was more interested in later closing so asked if it's feasible to delay the closing further (than what's been pushed out). Oh well, she said I need to contact my lawyer so that he can contact the builder's lawyer. Then, corp would review the request and decide whether or not to accept. If accepted, then they might ask for more deposit which she has no idea how much would be. She didn't recommend me take that path. A bit of headache at this point...
Old 2014-06-17, 02:16 PM
Regular User

I don't mind paying a deposit as long as it comes off the purchase price

I'll keep an eye on the progress and see how far along they are at the end of summer and maybe pursue this then. I think if they show signs of being behind they may change their tune. We had our foundation poured maybe 2 weeks ago but no framing. I see lot 2 is almost fully dry walled and plastered. It is coming along fast. I think it went from framing to this in 3 weeks.
Old 2014-07-15, 01:49 PM
Regular User

Default Closing Dates

Hi folks, just curious when people's current closing date is? I see a few lots that are coming close to completion. Are people expected to be in as early as late Aug? My original closing was mid-Aug but got pushed to early December.
Old 2014-07-16, 10:37 AM
Regular User

So did mine; mid-Sept to mid-Dec. I usually visit the site on the weekend to check the progress. My lot hasn't had any progress since they did the basement concrete while I can see many houses where they put exterior bricks and so on. Wondering if the builder can meet the closing...
Old 2014-07-16, 06:56 PM
Regular User

I think it will be at least two more months to finish the interior once the framing and brick is done. At least that's what the decor center folks advised unofficially. Makes it tough to gauge when to sell our current home. We'll just wait for the next delay deadline in September.
Old 2014-07-22, 05:45 PM
Regular User

Ours is still end of November and we met our next door neighbour on our weekly visit to the site. Theirs was July but pushed to mid November. So looks like most closings are end of year.
Anyone with any elementary aged kids? Just wondering if there are any opinions on the schools nearby, closest being the ones on Stone Road. Thanks!
Old 2014-07-22, 06:38 PM
Regular User

Its got to be the two on stone road unless they want French immersion or Montessori school. We have our 3 yr old enrolled to la maison Montessori for Jan on stone rd.
Old 2014-07-23, 11:48 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boake View Post
Ours is still end of November and we met our next door neighbour on our weekly visit to the site. Theirs was July but pushed to mid November. So looks like most closings are end of year.
Anyone with any elementary aged kids? Just wondering if there are any opinions on the schools nearby, closest being the ones on Stone Road. Thanks!
Hi Boake,

Do you know whether they have only one delay notice (from July to mid-Nov) so far or July to sometime later and then it got delayed again to mid-Nov? I'm trying to find out there's any potential of another round of delay. Thanks!
Old 2014-07-23, 12:20 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilike View Post
Hi Boake,

Do you know whether they have only one delay notice (from July to mid-Nov) so far or July to sometime later and then it got delayed again to mid-Nov? I'm trying to find out there's any potential of another round of delay. Thanks!
they should have another option to delay 90 days prior to the second closing date. this is part of the tarion rules. I'm holding off on selling my house until that date passes and I see significant progress on the home before I list my house. No way I want to move twice.