Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Aurora

Aurora Minto, Kylemore, Aspen Ridge and Townwood


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 2014-02-24, 04:26 PM
nmherbs nmherbs is offline
Junior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Newmarket, ON
Posts: 12
Default

@anikiri: thanks.

Then, I think the next in the area will be STONEHAVEN by national homes, because they have the building almost ready on Mulock. Someone said Stonehaven will be much cheaper due to location in Newmarket. Let's wait and see.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 2014-02-25, 10:21 AM
walter8299 walter8299 is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Newmarket
Posts: 632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmherbs View Post
@anikiri: thanks.

Then, I think the next in the area will be STONEHAVEN by national homes, because they have the building almost ready on Mulock. Someone said Stonehaven will be much cheaper due to location in Newmarket. Let's wait and see.
But I think Stonehaven goes to a better high school?

And isn't Stonehaven not too far from St John FOrest, just the other side of the Newmarket/Aurora border right?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 2014-02-25, 10:31 AM
nmherbs nmherbs is offline
Junior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Newmarket, ON
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter8299 View Post
But I think Stonehaven goes to a better high school?

And isn't Stonehaven not too far from St John FOrest, just the other side of the Newmarket/Aurora border right?
yes, they are located very closely.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 2014-02-25, 10:36 AM
walter8299 walter8299 is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Newmarket
Posts: 632
Default

I just check out their website and it say the site will be at the end of Newpark Blvd.

Then I check google map and noticed along Newpark Blvd from Bayview, there are those buildings, do you think its going to have an impact on the housing?

Its like we have to drive by those commercial/industrial when we go home everday.

I guess the plus side of St John Forest, Arbors, Aurora Trail is that the entire subdivision will be housings.

Anyone know about this spot? The pricing say it will start at 550s up to over 800s and lot starts at 35', so no 30' for 600k or anything like that.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 2014-02-25, 11:02 AM
anikiri anikiri is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Markham
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter8299 View Post
I just check out their website and it say the site will be at the end of Newpark Blvd.

Then I check google map and noticed along Newpark Blvd from Bayview, there are those buildings, do you think its going to have an impact on the housing?

Its like we have to drive by those commercial/industrial when we go home everday.

I guess the plus side of St John Forest, Arbors, Aurora Trail is that the entire subdivision will be housings.

Anyone know about this spot? The pricing say it will start at 550s up to over 800s and lot starts at 35', so no 30' for 600k or anything like that.
To be perfectly blunt with you, I would not buy a house there for namely one reason.

That big building you see next to Bayview Ave. north of Newpark Blvd is the Magna Cam-Slide Auto parts manufacturing plant. It's not very big, but it can get a little noisy. I used to work there back during my University years. If you get a lot that is further away from this plant, then perhaps its worth it. Stonehaven is a very nice neighbourhood with million dollar homes.

However, if you do like a good High School zone... I suggest you buy here as it will be Newmarket High School. The Fraser Institute rates this high school 47th while G.W. Williams in Aurora is ranked 466th. That's quite different.

Perhaps one day they will relocate the cam-slide plant. Perhaps not.

This area has seen some new development recently. A new Tim Hortons and Shoppers Drug Mart on Newpark Blvd. Go see the area if you are interested.

Edit: I don't want to make this sound offending, but do consider that Newmarket is not Aurora. Aurora is considered a very well planned, upscale, and wealthy community. Newmarket is not considered this. Now personally I think the Stonehaven area is just as good if not better than a lot of areas in Aurora. However, that is beside the point. The tax rate is very similar >1.1% in both Aurora and Newmarket.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 2014-02-25, 11:45 AM
ladygaga ladygaga is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Copper Hills South
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anikiri View Post
Edit: I don't want to make this sound offending, but do consider that Newmarket is not Aurora. Aurora is considered a very well planned, upscale, and wealthy community. Newmarket is not considered this. The tax rate is very similar >1.1% in both Aurora and Newmarket.
Oh man, how old are you??
Newmarket is twice the size of Aurora and a much older community. It also has twice the population. So, given this, it appears to be what you say it is and not that it actually, is. Aurora is much younger and smaller and that's why the planning in this area from Bloomington to Wellington and to just north of St. John's side road is made to fit for mainly residential and NOT large industrial/commercial. And another fact, Aurora is mainly 85-90% white.
Also, the tax rates are much different between the two municipalities by a wide margin. Get your facts straight.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 2014-02-25, 11:53 AM
anikiri anikiri is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Markham
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygaga View Post
Oh man, how old are you??
Newmarket is twice the size of Aurora and a much older community. It also has twice the population. So, given this, it appears to be what you say it is and not that it actually, is. Aurora is much younger and smaller and that's why the planning in this area from Bloomington to Wellington and to just north of St. John's side road is made to fit for mainly residential and NOT large industrial/commercial. And another fact, Aurora is mainly 85-90% white.
Also, the tax rates are much different between the two municipalities by a wide margin. Get your facts straight.
Hey I am sorry, I am not sure why you are going around all the posts complaining about everything. Did I say something that you did not like? I also don't know why you keep bringing up foreigners who don't shovel, Chinese who don't speak English, and how "white" an area is.

As for the tax difference. I am not sure if I made this clear to you, but I live in Aurora. My tax rate is 1.12%. As of 2013 Newmarket has a residential tax rate of 1.05%. I suppose I was off by a little bit.

You can find the Newmarket tax rate from the following link.
http://www.newmarket.ca/en/townhall/...sScheduleA.pdf

Please don't post flaming and uneducated comments. I am only trying to help here. It really doesn't matter if it takes 5 more minutes to get to Costco, if the tax rate is off by "a wide margin" of 0.07%, or if an area is more "white."

Thank you.

Edit: Aurora does have a large swath of industrial area. It is all lined around the road "Industrial Parkway" that goes from St. John's Sideroad all the way south to Vandorf Sideroad. There are some car parts plants in Aurora as well, mostly on Vandorf Sideroad. It is true, however, that Newmarket is significantly larger... although I don't see how that has any impact on the reputation of the area.

Last edited by anikiri; 2014-02-25 at 12:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 2014-02-25, 12:08 PM
ladygaga ladygaga is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Copper Hills South
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anikiri View Post
Hey I am sorry, I am not sure why you are going around all the posts complaining about everything. Did I say something that you did not like? I also don't know why you keep bringing up foreigners who don't shovel, Chinese who don't speak English, and how "white" an area is.

As for the tax difference. I am not sure if I made this clear to you, but I live in Aurora. My tax rate is 1.12%. As of 2013 Newmarket has a residential tax rate of 1.05%. I suppose I was off by a little bit.

You can find the Newmarket tax rate from the following link.
http://www.newmarket.ca/en/townhall/...sScheduleA.pdf

Please don't post flaming and uneducated comments. I am only trying to help here. It really doesn't matter if it takes 5 more minutes to get to Costco, if the tax rate is off by "a wide margin" of 0.07%, or if an area is more "white."

Thank you.
I think you hit the nail on the head when you stated the word 'uneducated'. That's what I was thinking about YOU when I read most of your misleading, oppinionated and meaningless comments. For your information, I'm educated and very resourceful as I do a lot of research and work with the municipalities of both Aurora and Newmarket as well as the ward counsellors in my area.

I'm a realist and I only call it as I see it. I don't sugar-coat anything nor do I stretch the truth or lie.
Some advice to you...don't try to persuade people with your non-valid comments.
People don't care about opinions, they care about facts as facts are king to all decision-making.
If you don't like them, too bad.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 2014-02-25, 12:16 PM
ladygaga ladygaga is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Copper Hills South
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anikiri View Post
Edit: I don't want to make this sound offending, but do consider that Newmarket is not Aurora. Aurora is considered a very well planned, upscale, and wealthy community.
Again, get your facts straight.

Newmarket is considered one of the best cities to live in Canada. Top 10 ranking from a national survey.
Do you do much reading? Read this when you have some time out of your non-valid, opinionated comments sessions for the day.

http://www.newmarket.ca/en/townhall/...ysense2013.pdf

Where is Aurora on this list?

Enjoy the read.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 2014-02-25, 12:36 PM
walter8299 walter8299 is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Newmarket
Posts: 632
Default

Hello everyone, let's keep this forum clean

I suppose anyone on this forum can afford a house is old enough to judge facts and opinions, and also know how to weigh them or factor them into their decision.

I hope Anikiri does not get discourage to share your opinions, at the same time, I hope LadyGaga continue to provide your resource as well.

Let's keep this discussion "open" and nothing personal. I really like this site because I see people trying to help each other, and not trying to make enemies.

Question for ladygaga: As you state there is a wide margin, could you let me know what the rates for Newmarket and Aurora might be as of 2013? It could set my expectation atleast although no one knows the rate in the future. I have been enjoying the good rates of RH and Toronto in the past.

Also you mentioned Aurora is like 80-90% white, are you saying that's a good thing or bad thing?

When my family was at the St John Forest sales office, I notice a lot of Chinese were going in to check out the lot and houses. We spoke with a few Chinese families, they were polite, educated (based on discussion), working class, and are mainly upsizing due to family growth. One family told my wife how they are having a 3rd child and the townhome in Markham was too small. They are selling it for about 600ish and add some savings on top to buy a bigger house up north to give their kids more space. I think this family bought the Southhampton model that is 2700sqft for 680k.

700k is a lot of money for Aurora, but when you look at 600k for a townhome in Markham, 700k for a detach seems pretty good money for the size immediately. Also Aurora is probably the next closest town to Toronto after Markham and RH.

The main concern I really have with Stonehaven by National Homes are the plants.

And how's the reputation with National Homes?

Otherwise, it does seem like the perfect location.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Arista Homes - Phase 5 Milton Trails m-and-c Milton 6 2012-09-24 07:44 PM
Milton Trails - Arista Homes Phase 4 Foxyjo Milton 180 2012-08-25 11:44 AM
Arista - Milton Trails Price List? DanThaMan Milton 3 2010-01-20 03:13 PM
Milton Trails Arista Homes in Phase II aristapaul Milton 1 2008-12-19 12:37 PM
Arista Homes, Milton Trails ternoway Milton 3 2007-08-28 11:45 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:05 PM.



Copyright © PHAND Corporation
This document may not be used elsewhere without the expressed written consent of PHAND Corporation.
*** There is no association between this website and any builder. ***

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.