Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Aurora

Aurora Minto, Kylemore, Aspen Ridge and Townwood

Old 2014-03-26, 12:53 PM
Regular User

It was my first time buying a house, and I thought "Wow i'll be saving so much money!" but really, in the long run that cash is better off in your hands or on your mortgage. My brother bought a Mattamy village town home in Stouffville a few years after I bought my detatched, and his came with a tank-less unit, so you may want to check the details - I'm not sure if you are a town or village town.
Old 2014-03-26, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJF View Post
It was my first time buying a house, and I thought "Wow i'll be saving so much money!" but really, in the long run that cash is better off in your hands or on your mortgage. My brother bought a Mattamy village town home in Stouffville a few years after I bought my detatched, and his came with a tank-less unit, so you may want to check the details - I'm not sure if you are a town or village town.
We bought a townhouse. I'll ask about it when they call me back. I'll keep all of you posted. Would you guys go for a tankless if it was an option?
Old 2014-03-26, 01:31 PM
Regular User

Hey, I didn't buy in Mattamy, but I keep an eye on all these Aurora post since I might considered relocating down to Aurora in the near future if I can increase my income down the road.

But as for the cell tower, I would suggest you check with the town instead of relying on the sales. I am not saying the sales could be lying to lure you into buying, but sometimes sales gets misinformed as well. If the cell tower has been proposed to be relocated and has been agreed/approved, the town should be able to confirm this and have it on the planning map.

I do believe the cell tower would be relocated for the future value of the neighbourhood, but moving a cell tower is more than just a request from the builder, it involves a lot of other things. And when would the tower gets relocated is another question.

Congrats on everyone's purchase! Lots in phase 2 are amazing! I would've choosen Mattamy layout over Brookfield's layout any day.
Old 2014-03-26, 06:12 PM

I just got off the phone with a National Home Service Rep. Her name is Lisa from the Builders Department. She was really nice and answered all my questions.

The tank included for Mattamy Homes Aurora is the PV-50 (stands for Power Vented 50 gallons).
- Rental cost is $23.83 + HST. This price is locked in for 3 years
- Includes, warranty, parts and labour, 4 hour response time if anything is wrong with the tank, and coverage for any water damage from the tank if NHS is notified within 24 hours.
- The government mandates that they can only raise the rental fee by a maximum of 3.5% every year.

Buying out the tank
-You have the option to buy out the tank after you move in. Cost $1500
- Every month you pay the rental fee, it will actually pay down the cost of the tank. Essentially, the tank is paid off after 10 years
- Standard warranty applies, limited parts and labour
- Will not receive the guaranteed 4 hour response time and coverage if there is any water damage from the tank

Opting out of NHS and their tank after you move in.
-$600 termination fee. After 5 years, the termination fee will be paid off. The termination fee will reduce every month you pay for the rental fee
- Disconnect and pick up fee. $125 (if you disconnect and deliver the tank back to them yourself, this fee will be waived)

Option to upgrade to tankless - Model RU-80
- Rental cost: $39.99 + HST
- The upgrade can only be processed after you move in
- Upgrade fee $300
- all the same service, warranty and coverage mentioned above. However, i`m not sure about the termination fee, and cost of unit.
Old 2014-03-27, 07:44 AM
Regular User

whoops, too many 0s in my original post about buying water tank. Thanks for the info Felix!
Old 2014-03-27, 09:06 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJF View Post
Hey Bill, it was great to meet you Friday and thanks again for creating the sign-in system. Awesome idea - and we DID get the lot and house we were waiting for so it was all worth the wait. Curious to find out who bought the lot next to us.

Lisa & Jay
Daisy on Degraff Cr.
Hey Lisa,

Looking forward to all of us being neighbours...my wife is very excited as well as she missed out on the fun of staying up all night

BTW - I met you neighbours yesterday (45' Lot..not corner) at the Sales Centre when I finalized the agreement. Nice couple..1 child..9 yrs old.
He was in line with us...but he only came early in the morning.
Old 2014-03-27, 09:09 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flex689 View Post
I just got off the phone with a National Home Service Rep. Her name is Lisa from the Builders Department. She was really nice and answered all my questions.

The tank included for Mattamy Homes Aurora is the PV-50 (stands for Power Vented 50 gallons).
- Rental cost is $23.83 + HST. This price is locked in for 3 years
- Includes, warranty, parts and labour, 4 hour response time if anything is wrong with the tank, and coverage for any water damage from the tank if NHS is notified within 24 hours.
- The government mandates that they can only raise the rental fee by a maximum of 3.5% every year.

Buying out the tank
-You have the option to buy out the tank after you move in. Cost $1500
- Every month you pay the rental fee, it will actually pay down the cost of the tank. Essentially, the tank is paid off after 10 years
- Standard warranty applies, limited parts and labour
- Will not receive the guaranteed 4 hour response time and coverage if there is any water damage from the tank

Opting out of NHS and their tank after you move in.
-$600 termination fee. After 5 years, the termination fee will be paid off. The termination fee will reduce every month you pay for the rental fee
- Disconnect and pick up fee. $125 (if you disconnect and deliver the tank back to them yourself, this fee will be waived)

Option to upgrade to tankless - Model RU-80
- Rental cost: $39.99 + HST
- The upgrade can only be processed after you move in
- Upgrade fee $300
- all the same service, warranty and coverage mentioned above. However, i`m not sure about the termination fee, and cost of unit.
Thanks for the info Felix.
As for the tower...it will be re-located on Thomas Philips Drive...just south of the current Mattamy Sales Centre...on the Aurora Trails side.
That corner is zone for a small commercial complex and they are using part of that land to relocate the tower.
Old 2014-03-27, 09:10 AM
Regular User

I am a current home owner in copper Hills and just wanted to say, national home services is the worst company, you call them, the reps are not trained and rude, they bill you incorrectly, we had bills coming to us starting 3 months before we even closed. Then they randomly put misc charges on our bills and service fees even though we've had no service calls. I wish I could get out of that contract, they are a really really bad company.
Old 2014-03-27, 09:51 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royniv View Post
I am a current home owner in copper Hills and just wanted to say, national home services is the worst company, you call them, the reps are not trained and rude, they bill you incorrectly, we had bills coming to us starting 3 months before we even closed. Then they randomly put misc charges on our bills and service fees even though we've had no service calls. I wish I could get out of that contract, they are a really really bad company.
Thanks for the heads up...haven't met an energy company that hasn't had any billing issues however.

The billing 3 months before close is good to know.
Old 2014-03-27, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc2014 View Post
Thanks for the info Felix.
As for the tower...it will be re-located on Thomas Philips Drive...just south of the current Mattamy Sales Centre...on the Aurora Trails side.
That corner is zone for a small commercial complex and they are using part of that land to relocate the tower.
Thanks for the info Bill. That's good to know. That tower is currently sitting right across the street from my new home.