Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Aurora

Aurora Minto, Kylemore, Aspen Ridge and Townwood

Old 2014-05-01, 05:11 PM

Default I'm in Aurora, ask me questions!

HI All,

I was drawn into this forum from trying to dig up more info on all the new construction thats been happening up here.

I am around the Mavrinac and Wellington area and have lived here for the last 4 years. To me, Aurora was way way further than I had thought and I'd be happy to assist any of the new comers looking for answers to any questions relating to Aurora.. I know there are already some very knowledgeable members here like Anikiri and Lady Gaga that are very helpful and I'd like to follow their lead!

My inlaws are thinking of moving up her and maybe thru the questions that come up, i'll learn something to go back to them with!
Old 2014-05-07, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueno92 View Post
HI All,

I was drawn into this forum from trying to dig up more info on all the new construction thats been happening up here.

I am around the Mavrinac and Wellington area and have lived here for the last 4 years. To me, Aurora was way way further than I had thought and I'd be happy to assist any of the new comers looking for answers to any questions relating to Aurora.. I know there are already some very knowledgeable members here like Anikiri and Lady Gaga that are very helpful and I'd like to follow their lead!

My inlaws are thinking of moving up her and maybe thru the questions that come up, i'll learn something to go back to them with!
Welcome, trueno92! Thanks for the nice words.
Old 2014-05-08, 05:02 PM

Thanks Gaga,

Once not that long ago I remember making the 'ewww' face when my co-worker told me she lived in Aurora, and on a drive up, I thought I was way far from home with no lights along that stretch of the 404 past Elgin Mills.

Now I just want more economy in Aurora, as it looks like it has all the potential to host businesses within its bedroom-community facade.

I like the fact that it figured out the GO-station and built wellington to support the new homes that have gone up to-date. Its getting busier around here now, but so far the big thing i remember from moving up from North York is that from cashiers to restaurants, people were just nicer here!
Old 2014-05-13, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Thanks Gaga,

Once not that long ago I remember making the 'ewww' face when my co-worker told me she lived in Aurora, but so far the big thing i remember from moving up from North York is that from cashiers to restaurants, people were just nicer here!
You hit the nail on the head with that simple description and to the point I might add.

This is only the beginning for Aurora and Newmarket. People will want to come up here by the truck loads only to know that there are not many new houses as the land will be scarce to build in the next 5-10 years. They will only have the ability to purchase resale. And what does this tell you....$$$$$$$ if you hold on to your property for 20+ years.

I predict that if you've purchased new homes from the year 2000-2012 in the $350-650K range, they will tripple or even quadruple by the year 2025 ($1.4-2.6 million).

Yes, you heard it here, folks! I said it.
Old 2014-05-13, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygaga View Post
You hit the nail on the head with that simple description and to the point I might add.

This is only the beginning for Aurora and Newmarket. People will want to come up here by the truck loads only to know that there are not many new houses as the land will be scarce to build in the next 5-10 years. They will only have the ability to purchase resale. And what does this tell you....$$$$$$$ if you hold on to your property for 20+ years.

I predict that if you've purchased new homes from the year 2000-2012 in the $350-650K range, they will tripple or even quadruple by the year 2025 ($1.4-2.6 million).

haha, Which builder is handing out the kick-backs?!?

I just want Stronach to maintain his 'view' on Aurora actively. The land fronting onto Wellington to the North of Magna I hope gets that priority.

My parents are rather unimpressed with the traffic around 16th and Woodbine and even less so with the Cathedral Town that has sprouted up on the Major Mac side. They think it just green-lighted an over priced ghetto with the volume of the houses that are being clusted and combined together.

I still can't believe the prices for those units in relation to Aurora.

But with the prices of Aurora going up, thats pretty much the same EVERYWHERE......... so the question is if you can make 50% on your home, does that mean what you buy will also demand the same premium?
Old 2014-05-13, 02:32 PM

Quote:
I just want Stronach to maintain his 'view' on Aurora actively. The land fronting onto Wellington to the North of Magna I hope gets that priority.
Ha! Look how they've taken care of Wellington itself? That whole area will be taken care of, with priority while others take a back seat.

Quote:
My parents are rather unimpressed with the traffic around 16th and Woodbine and even less so with the Cathedral Town that has sprouted up on the Major Mac side.
I was there on Sunday (Mother's Day) and it was a parking lot. It didn't matter if you were travelling east or west, you were basically, stuck! Not good.

Quote:
So the question is if you can make 50% on your home, does that mean what you buy will also demand the same premium?
The answer is yes but, it all depends where you go. Many people are downsizing and cashing in! One family was touring my area a few weeks ago and were measuring our lot sizes. I asked them if they needed any help with what they were looking for. From our discussion, I learned that they were shopping for a new home that was less in lot size (from a 65 ft. lot to a 45-50 ft. lot). They were downsizing to CASH IN!!!!! The other alternative is to move to Sudbury to cash in on some money that you've made on your sale from selling your home in the GTA.
Old 2014-05-13, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Ha! Look how they've taken care of Wellington itself? That whole area will be taken care of, with priority while others take a back seat.
yeah, i was shocked when they put those planters along Wellington.. From a maintenance standpoint alone, I can't see that being cheap at all to up-keep.... so I just see $$$$$

The thing with wellington is I will bet dollars to donuts they will eventually fill in houses by the fire-station.. and that ravine area is really scenic as-is...

Its reflected in the builders making sure the 4 sales offices going up are also aesthetically pleasing.
Old 2014-05-13, 03:50 PM

Quote:
yeah, i was shocked when they put those planters along Wellington.. From a maintenance standpoint alone, I can't see that being cheap at all to up-keep.... so I just see $$$$$

The thing with wellington is I will bet dollars to donuts they will eventually fill in houses by the fire-station.. and that ravine area is really scenic as-is...

Its reflected in the builders making sure the 4 sales offices going up are also aesthetically pleasing.
Location, location, location.
That's what it's all about these days.
If you scrore here as you described up above, you've won the jackpot.
Old 2014-05-13, 03:59 PM

ugh, i wish i knew this before i only put a 2400sqft house on a 47' frontage..

it was all i could afford at the time.......
Old 2015-10-25, 02:07 AM
Regular User

Quote:

Reviving this tread. It is now 2015 and houses are at 800k-1.4 mill in Aurora. Your predictions are looking good!