Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > East Gwillimbury

East Gwillimbury Holland Landing, Queensville, Mount Albert, River Drive Park, and Sharon.

Old 2013-03-05, 07:54 AM
Regular User

Default Victoria Highlands in Mount Albert by Averton Homes (Beaverbrooks Homes)

Hi All,

I am considering a new home in Victoria Highlands in Mount Albert by Averton Homes formerly known as Beaverbrooks homes. I am wondering if anyone on the forum has any experience with the builder and or live in the area and can provide their opinion on the area or builder.

Regards
Old 2013-10-23, 07:26 PM
Regular User

Did you ever get any info? We too are now looking in the area...
Coming from Stouffville, any idea what the area is like? TIA

Treasure Hill Lapis 11
Old 2014-02-13, 05:06 PM
Regular User

Knowing that the Aurora prices is quite high, 630k for a 36' lot 2370sqft, I am also considering alternatives in Mt Albert.

I know this is an old thread. Has anyone actually gone there and check it out?
Is there any growth potential?

The pricing seem to be very competitive and a lot cheaper.
The Kelly Elev A at 2545sqft is only $560k, and there's $15,000 bonus upgrades + extra $5000 for valentine's day this weekend.

Most 33' lot upto 2400sqft are under 500k. Very attractive.
Old 2014-02-18, 07:52 PM

I was there when they (Averton/Beaverbrook) first opened in 2012. There is nothing in Mt.Albert. Beaverbrook sold their 50 foot lots to Rosehaven because they couldn't sell them, and now Rosehaven is having a hard time selling the 50 foot lots as well.

The misconception is pricing from one area to another. Mt.Albert doesn't compare to Aurora or the rest of York region, from Newmarket down to Markham. What all GTA builder's are doing is price marketing, that is, how less expensive it is to buy at their site compared to communities that are built up like Markham, Aurora, Newmarket etc etc. There is no comparison.

I wouldn't rush to buy in Mount Albert. Many builders are now on the outskirts of the GTA, hoping to convince people of the price difference. Don't be fooled.

Last edited by JRW; 2014-02-20 at 07:00 PM.
Old 2014-06-22, 02:51 PM
Regular User

I went to see the place.Its not tht bad as only 10 mins drive from major routes but JRW is right there is no comparison with stouffville newmarket n aurora.
Prices are competative as compared to wht builders are giving at other places but then u r in mount albert not in Stouffville. ..
Old 2014-06-22, 02:52 PM
Regular User

Besides I like their plans and pricing
Old 2014-11-19, 01:43 PM
Regular User

Hi folks,

New here. anyone have a current price list on the detached homes. Thanks!
Old 2014-11-21, 07:11 AM
Regular User

This is Averton's list from Nov 4th. I believe they've increased slightly (~$5k) since then. All models are detached.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1D...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by bman84; 2014-11-21 at 07:14 AM.
Old 2014-12-07, 11:01 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRW View Post
I was there when they (Averton/Beaverbrook) first opened in 2012. There is nothing in Mt.Albert. Beaverbrook sold their 50 foot lots to Rosehaven because they couldn't sell them, and now Rosehaven is having a hard time selling the 50 foot lots as well.

The misconception is pricing from one area to another. Mt.Albert doesn't compare to Aurora or the rest of York region, from Newmarket down to Markham. What all GTA builder's are doing is price marketing, that is, how less expensive it is to buy at their site compared to communities that are built up like Markham, Aurora, Newmarket etc etc. There is no comparison.

I wouldn't rush to buy in Mount Albert. Many builders are now on the outskirts of the GTA, hoping to convince people of the price difference. Don't be fooled.
For selling in a small rural community, Rosehaven did fairly well. They sold their 70+ fifty foot lots in about a year. About the same amount of time that National Homes took to sell their lots in Stonehaven Newmarket.

I've heard rumours that they are interested in investing in more Mt Albert land, so I'm assuming they are happy with the sales as well.
Old 2014-12-09, 02:07 PM
Regular User

Are there any Averton buyers on here? Lots of Rosehaven guys, but I've yet to hear from a fellow Averton dude.