Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2018-10-03, 04:16 PM
Regular User

I bought my townhome in 2016 in Barrhaven and now its worth about $40-$45k more. Not bad.
Old 2018-10-11, 02:58 PM
Regular User

I am astonished at the prices people want for houses in my neighbourhood. I am very glad we got on the property ladder when we did. Our house value has increased 40-45% in the past 2.5 years based on local asking prices.
Old 2018-10-11, 04:53 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvg View Post
I am astonished at the prices people want for houses in my neighbourhood. I am very glad we got on the property ladder when we did. Our house value has increased 40-45% in the past 2.5 years based on local asking prices.
Be nice if it pans out for you...see if you can get a real estate pal to clue you into the final sale prices as you'll be able to validate your comments to realize those people were trying to cash in on pipe dreams.
Old 2018-10-17, 04:48 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarrylx View Post
Be nice if it pans out for you...see if you can get a real estate pal to clue you into the final sale prices as you'll be able to validate your comments to realize those people were trying to cash in on pipe dreams.
Yes, could definitely be that every single person and their agent in my neighbourhood is delusional, even the builder who is now charging 100K more for the house than I paid.
Old 2018-10-17, 05:44 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Yes, could definitely be that every single person and their agent in my neighbourhood is delusional, even the builder who is now charging 100K more for the house than I paid.
Is it a townhouse that you are talking about or a condo?
Old 2018-10-19, 08:24 AM
Regular User

I actually believe it. My friend in Torleans bought a new home 1.5 years ago and he said about 50k more the builder is asking for his townhome. He is less happy with the 1 year delay however.

Like someone said tho, the type of property and location play the most. I am in Rockland so believe me they didn't go up 50k in 1-2 years lol...

Like I say at work, be happy, collect pay, accrue pensionable time and your house will also accrue in value. Lifes good!
Old 2018-10-19, 10:46 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerapau View Post
Is it a townhouse that you are talking about or a condo?
This is a single family home
Old 2018-10-19, 10:54 AM
Regular User

We bought a pre construction minto single last October. We close in 3 months. The base price is now 55k more in this phase that was just released
Old 2018-10-19, 10:54 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by reens09 View Post
We bought a pre construction minto single last October. We close in 3 months. The base price is now 55k more in this phase that was just released
May I ask which model did you buy and location? Was it a town or a detached?
Old 2018-10-19, 11:03 AM
Regular User

Quote:
This is a single family home
Awesome! Detached is the way to go!!! I think these will be hard to get and will be causing bidding wars more and more.