Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2020-09-28, 10:09 AM

Default Minto Upgrade Experience/Pricing

Has anyone recently gone through Minto decor/structure appointments?

Wondering how it was right now and what are the pricing like for upgrades?

Minto upgrades pricey or standard across other builders?
If anyone has an upgrade price sheet they would like to share that would be great.

Thank you
Old 2020-10-01, 09:45 AM
Regular User

Hi,

I went through this roughly 4 months ago. I have no problem sharing my experience. If you have specific questions, send them my way and I can answer them to the best of my ability.

The experience was pretty good. I did a Mattamy build in 2018 and found Minto's prices to be pretty reasonable relative to Mattamy. I was hoping for a little more design advice. I found that tehy took the approach of "tell us what you want" when i didn't know exactly what I wanted. I had a desired style but was heavily interested in recommendations and found that I didn't get that. I think it depends who your designer is. It helped that I had gone into the design centre multiple times prior to COVID because my meetings were done both online and in person but the in person meeting did not allow us to walk around the design centre at all. Again, send me a message if you have specifics.

Thanks,

Homers
Old 2020-10-02, 08:59 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by homers View Post
Hi,

I went through this roughly 4 months ago. I have no problem sharing my experience. If you have specific questions, send them my way and I can answer them to the best of my ability.

The experience was pretty good. I did a Mattamy build in 2018 and found Minto's prices to be pretty reasonable relative to Mattamy. I was hoping for a little more design advice. I found that tehy took the approach of "tell us what you want" when i didn't know exactly what I wanted. I had a desired style but was heavily interested in recommendations and found that I didn't get that. I think it depends who your designer is. It helped that I had gone into the design centre multiple times prior to COVID because my meetings were done both online and in person but the in person meeting did not allow us to walk around the design centre at all. Again, send me a message if you have specifics.

Thanks,

Homers
I will second everything Homers just said. Perhaps we had the same designer, because my experience was identical in that they did not give any opinions and did not offer up any ideas but simply guided you along the process.

I did not have to do any virtual appointments thankfully, I had seen everything in person prior to my actual design appointments and when it came time to finalize on my design choices, they had set up measures at the office for me to safely visit.

Cheers
Old 2020-10-17, 12:00 AM
Regular User

Hi, I heard that Minto sells their pot lights in packs. Would anyone know if it's in packs of 2, 4, 6 or more and how much they are? Thanks :-)
Old 2020-10-20, 11:58 AM
Regular User

not only is it packs but it is packs per room. I think there was 4, 5 and 6 packs plus a price to add individual pot light. Somewhere around 180-210 per light.
Old 2020-10-23, 11:49 AM
Regular User

Thank you homers!
Old 2020-10-25, 06:09 PM

The price sheet they gave me showed pot lights in packs of 4 and 6. $867 and $1268 respectively. You also had the option of upgrading existing light fixtures to a pot light.

Does anyone have a rough figure of what their costs were for upgrading kitchen counter tops from laminate to level 1 stone?
Old 2020-10-26, 05:34 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallthrough View Post
The price sheet they gave me showed pot lights in packs of 4 and 6. $867 and $1268 respectively. You also had the option of upgrading existing light fixtures to a pot light.

Does anyone have a rough figure of what their costs were for upgrading kitchen counter tops from laminate to level 1 stone?
We did our design center couple months ago with Mattamy same price + 15% discount
Old 2020-10-26, 05:39 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallthrough View Post
Thank you. Do you know how much it was to upgrade an existing light fixture to a pot light?
Old 2020-10-26, 05:53 PM

It was around $110 to upgrade a fixture to a pot light.