Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville

Stouffville Moving to Stouffville? Already living there? This section is for you.

Old 2011-05-07, 06:41 PM
Regular User

Default New Homes (under construction)

Hello all, My first posting here and am delighted to see a forum for stouffville, I have recently come over and i really like the way stouffville community is setup. I am looking at buying a town-house (hopefully p reconstruction), but am unable to find any information about the builders building in stouffville.

Can the experienced users please share the names of the builders currently looking at registering or selling pre construction freehold town homes ? I have visited Greenpark and Cornell.

Any other information about potential construction for Townhouses would be fantastic. Also if you could share the approx cost for a townhouse (around 1400 sqft) in stouffville, that would ideally help me to setup my expectations of ownership in the area accordingly.

any and all help is much appreciated

Cheers.
Old 2011-05-08, 09:02 AM
Regular User

Last I heard, Greenpark and Treasure Hill are sold out in Stouffville. Starlane has a few lots left which I believe will be around 10th Line & Mantle but I am not sure that there are any townhouses in that, perhaps semis if there are any left or else only detached homes.

You may be better off looking at Fieldgate who not that long ago released a new phase around 10th Line and Main St.

There are also other builders north of Main St. some off of 10th Line, 9th Line and between 9th Line & Hwy 48 but I don't remember their names nor do I know the status of their sales.

You better hurry.
Old 2011-05-08, 09:23 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJD View Post
You better hurry.
Thank You PJD, I will certainly check that all out. I am quite new here to Toronto and Stouffville, just keen to know - as i saw there is quite a whole lot of vacant land near / around Stouffville, I am assuming there will be more projects coming over soon( or am i out to lunch

Also does it appear that Stouffville property values will continue to apprecaite in the next few years or does it look a little steady in terms of appreciation for now if the real estate market continues to be the way it is ?

Please share

Cheers
Old 2011-05-08, 11:30 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaindo View Post
Thank You PJD, I will certainly check that all out. I am quite new here to Toronto and Stouffville, just keen to know - as i saw there is quite a whole lot of vacant land near / around Stouffville, I am assuming there will be more projects coming over soon( or am i out to lunch

Also does it appear that Stouffville property values will continue to apprecaite in the next few years or does it look a little steady in terms of appreciation for now if the real estate market continues to be the way it is ?

Please share

Cheers
No problem . My understanding is that there is a lot of land on which they cannot build. Phase 4 is the final phase for GP, TH and Starlane. That's why they closed the sales offices and are now selling the model homes. Whether or not that changes in the future and that land gets sold to developers is anyone's guess. I am not in the know.

The real estate market is hard to predict. Some people think the rise will be more steady for the next few years i.e. 2-3% per year, but who knows. If you look at what I paid for my house before upgrades back in May '09 (although we're talking about a detached here), two of the same models have recently sold in Stouffville for $116K more. So it's definitely been rising fairly quickly so far. I don't think anyone can really tell you what the future holds.
Old 2011-05-10, 09:07 PM
Regular User

want to buy my townhome? 1 year old Greenpark Town. Very well equiped.