Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2017-06-13, 10:37 PM
Regular User

I dunno re: storage. The garage isn't my department. Ha.

They've started construction! I'm surprised so early, but my construction supervisor gives me an update every day from what he sees at the back of the school yard.
Old 2017-06-14, 11:06 PM
Regular User

Yep. Watching it come together gets more and more exciting. The last three weeks were the hardest for me!
Old 2017-06-19, 11:49 AM
Regular User

Hi all,

I'm starting again to look into Blinds for the house. Probably will go with roller shades but I'm not even certain of options yet. I am looking for info from Elmhurst owners or really any HNHomes owners of what windows they did or wish they did for top down rollers. Maybe the big windows down stairs would be a good idea? Also the master bedroom? Any suggestions which would be beneficial?

EDIT

Never mind. I read through the discussion again on pages 22 or so and pretty much got my answer.. again. I contacted Neil from Leading Edge and will try to get a ballpark number. I'm not sure what type of blinds he offers but I'm hoping he can also supply Hunter Douglas. Hoping for Top Down/Bottom Up for the bedrooms but we'll see what the price tag is. I'll also get a quote from Costco as well I think.

One other question. Was anyone able to bring any trades people in to measure while doing their final walkthrough? I have a glass installer and the blinds I'd love to have measured as it would save me waiting 2-3 weeks once I get the home for these companies to install their product.

Last edited by SteveR; 2017-06-19 at 09:23 PM.
Old 2017-06-20, 08:18 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
Hi all,

One other question. Was anyone able to bring any trades people in to measure while doing their final walkthrough? I have a glass installer and the blinds I'd love to have measured as it would save me waiting 2-3 weeks once I get the home for these companies to install their product.
I did prior to the final walkthrough, just contact the sales centre and tell them you would like to take measurements for blinds etc and they should arrange something for you.
Old 2017-07-01, 01:01 PM
Regular User

Thanks for the tip. HnHomes didn't have an issue with this. Good news.
Old 2017-07-01, 01:10 PM
Regular User

I have an Internet question.

I'm on Long Acres and looking for Internet Provider. I'm with Teksavvy at my current home but they are telling me cable nor DSL is available and that the only option is Fiber which at this time they can't offer.. Which means I have to go to Bell or Rogers. I wanted to make sure that the info I get from Teksavvy was correct. Does anyone have Cable Service in this area? I'm fairly certain DSL isn't available but TekSavvy site states "Yes" for cable but the agent was saying it was a mistake and it's not available from what she can see.

Last edited by SteveR; 2017-07-01 at 03:47 PM.
Old 2017-07-03, 04:01 PM
Regular User

Another question for people who have moved in. Any recommendations for eves trough installation? Also ballpark of what you paid? We have an Elmhurst.
Old 2017-07-04, 09:33 PM
Regular User

Quote:
I have an Internet question.

I'm on Long Acres and looking for Internet Provider. I'm with Teksavvy at my current home but they are telling me cable nor DSL is available and that the only option is Fiber which at this time they can't offer.. Which means I have to go to Bell or Rogers. I wanted to make sure that the info I get from Teksavvy was correct. Does anyone have Cable Service in this area? I'm fairly certain DSL isn't available but TekSavvy site states "Yes" for cable but the agent was saying it was a mistake and it's not available from what she can see.
Yes fibre is run to our houses so your only options are Rogers or Bell.
Old 2017-07-05, 10:12 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Another question for people who have moved in. Any recommendations for eves trough installation? Also ballpark of what you paid? We have an Elmhurst.
Hi Steve! We've had a few quotes for eaves. They range from $1,500 to $2,300. Several people on our street have used Modern Eavestroughing.
Old 2017-07-05, 07:16 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltBlue View Post
Hi Steve! We've had a few quotes for eaves. They range from $1,500 to $2,300. Several people on our street have used Modern Eavestroughing.
Awesome thanks Vicky!! Much appreciated. I'll reach out to them for a quote.