Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #251  
Old 2017-06-13, 10:37 PM
viking viking is offline
Junior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 21
Default

I dunno re: storage. The garage isn't my department. Ha.

They've started construction! I'm surprised so early, but my construction supervisor gives me an update every day from what he sees at the back of the school yard.
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 2017-06-14, 11:06 PM
sestafanos sestafanos is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 86
Default

Yep. Watching it come together gets more and more exciting. The last three weeks were the hardest for me!
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 2017-06-19, 11:49 AM
SteveR SteveR is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 49
Default

Hi all,

I'm starting again to look into Blinds for the house. Probably will go with roller shades but I'm not even certain of options yet. I am looking for info from Elmhurst owners or really any HNHomes owners of what windows they did or wish they did for top down rollers. Maybe the big windows down stairs would be a good idea? Also the master bedroom? Any suggestions which would be beneficial?

EDIT

Never mind. I read through the discussion again on pages 22 or so and pretty much got my answer.. again. I contacted Neil from Leading Edge and will try to get a ballpark number. I'm not sure what type of blinds he offers but I'm hoping he can also supply Hunter Douglas. Hoping for Top Down/Bottom Up for the bedrooms but we'll see what the price tag is. I'll also get a quote from Costco as well I think.

One other question. Was anyone able to bring any trades people in to measure while doing their final walkthrough? I have a glass installer and the blinds I'd love to have measured as it would save me waiting 2-3 weeks once I get the home for these companies to install their product.

Last edited by SteveR; 2017-06-19 at 09:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 2017-06-20, 08:18 AM
swales swales is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bridlewood
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
Hi all,



One other question. Was anyone able to bring any trades people in to measure while doing their final walkthrough? I have a glass installer and the blinds I'd love to have measured as it would save me waiting 2-3 weeks once I get the home for these companies to install their product.
I did prior to the final walkthrough, just contact the sales centre and tell them you would like to take measurements for blinds etc and they should arrange something for you.
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 2017-07-01, 01:01 PM
SteveR SteveR is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 49
Default

Thanks for the tip. HnHomes didn't have an issue with this. Good news.
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 2017-07-01, 01:10 PM
SteveR SteveR is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 49
Default

I have an Internet question.

I'm on Long Acres and looking for Internet Provider. I'm with Teksavvy at my current home but they are telling me cable nor DSL is available and that the only option is Fiber which at this time they can't offer.. Which means I have to go to Bell or Rogers. I wanted to make sure that the info I get from Teksavvy was correct. Does anyone have Cable Service in this area? I'm fairly certain DSL isn't available but TekSavvy site states "Yes" for cable but the agent was saying it was a mistake and it's not available from what she can see.

Last edited by SteveR; 2017-07-01 at 03:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 2017-07-03, 04:01 PM
SteveR SteveR is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 49
Default

Another question for people who have moved in. Any recommendations for eves trough installation? Also ballpark of what you paid? We have an Elmhurst.
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 2017-07-04, 09:33 PM
swales swales is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bridlewood
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
I have an Internet question.

I'm on Long Acres and looking for Internet Provider. I'm with Teksavvy at my current home but they are telling me cable nor DSL is available and that the only option is Fiber which at this time they can't offer.. Which means I have to go to Bell or Rogers. I wanted to make sure that the info I get from Teksavvy was correct. Does anyone have Cable Service in this area? I'm fairly certain DSL isn't available but TekSavvy site states "Yes" for cable but the agent was saying it was a mistake and it's not available from what she can see.
Yes fibre is run to our houses so your only options are Rogers or Bell.
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 2017-07-05, 10:12 AM
CobaltBlue CobaltBlue is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
Another question for people who have moved in. Any recommendations for eves trough installation? Also ballpark of what you paid? We have an Elmhurst.
Hi Steve! We've had a few quotes for eaves. They range from $1,500 to $2,300. Several people on our street have used Modern Eavestroughing.
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 2017-07-05, 07:16 PM
SteveR SteveR is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltBlue View Post
Hi Steve! We've had a few quotes for eaves. They range from $1,500 to $2,300. Several people on our street have used Modern Eavestroughing.
Awesome thanks Vicky!! Much appreciated. I'll reach out to them for a quote.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML