Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2017-04-21, 12:01 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbboys View Post
Thanks! we were very very worried on how it would look when finished. we got the idea somehow from Urbandale model home in Riverside South, but of course fitted in to our budget

We moved sink to the very left side of the island and prep are is now under Kitchen window. I'm posting these two to give an idea to anyone who is interested to move and upgrade sink
This kitchen looks amazing. Do you recall the cost of adding the quartz on the end cabinet?
Old 2017-04-24, 02:51 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
@sestafanos i could share a screenshot of the plan to show you the change but I can't figure out how to add pics without uploading them somewhere else first..
No worries We could switch to private messaging and figure a different way of communication if you're okay with it. It's not that important - just got curious.
Old 2017-04-25, 06:46 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbboys View Post
Kenson Owner Folks - during our pre-PDI visit, I noticed the toilet in Powder room is not located in the middle of the area, instead it is closer to the door. I'm sure it won't look very nice when the door is closed, but it is helpful when someone wants to walk in, specially w/o pocket door
So, wondering if it is by design or it wasn't built properly (I will ask office too). Anyone has noticed same thing?
We noticed this on the floor plans and asked that they centre the toilet. There was no issue with this since we did it during the structural upgrades. They explained that the offset location was to allow someone to place a small cabinet or something beside the toilet.
Old 2017-05-04, 10:49 AM
Regular User

@sestefanos I figured it out! The structural floor plan changes we made to the Kenson!

Larger garage,
Walk in closet/Den/bathroom
Added second ensuite upstairs

Old 2017-05-04, 11:00 AM
Regular User

Incredible!! I love the changes you made to the Kenson. My wife and I were really leaning Kenson but there were only 50 ft lots in Bridlewood so we ended up going with the Elmhurst as it made more sense. I'm slightly sorry I didn't investigate this as an option though. It looks fantastic!!
Old 2017-05-04, 12:00 PM
Regular User

Yeah, the 50ft lot made it all possible! There wouldn't be room for the ensuite without the wider garage, and there wouldn't be room for the garage without the 50' lot!
Old 2017-05-09, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
This kitchen looks amazing. Do you recall the cost of adding the quartz on the end cabinet?
Hi there - all quartz upgrades (kitchen back, counter top and niche cabinets close by the pantry) costed around $5K, tax in

Last edited by bbboys; 2017-05-09 at 12:48 PM.
Old 2017-05-18, 08:36 PM
Regular User

Thank you very much Viking! Wow I like the extra closets and the shower tray in the powder room you managed to put in there. Really makes the house overall a lot more functional!

I am curious how you intend to use that middle bedroom now? I would wager it's a bit squished and would have chopped up some width from bedroom 4 for it if it's tight? Otherwise, this is an excellent floorplan!

I'm not sure if you considered a back door to the garage like in the Elmhurst?

Also does grey shading mean bulkhead/dropped ceiling? If so, does this mean your powder room has a lower ceiling height?

Last edited by sestafanos; 2017-05-18 at 08:39 PM.
Old 2017-05-18, 09:10 PM
Regular User

BR3 will be our son's "clubhouse", as he calls it. Lego room. An office or TV rooom maybe one day. We don't plan to use it as a bedroom ever.

Though, for the longest explanation ever - I measured meticulously and it still fits a queen size bed and two end tables in the space close to the window. (If the headboard were between the numeral 3 and the plug on the floor plan). I initially thought it would be too small to steal that space for the WIC and almost didn't go through with it until I realized that if you discount the space to the left of the WIC the remainder of the space is still larger than our current second largest bedroom. If that makes sense. It was a priority for us to get as BR4 as big as possible. Many hours and measuring tapes went into this decision. Ha.

We did consider the backdoor but it was $3k and meant that we couldn't do floor to ceiling storage in that little nook area.

I assume the grey is dropped ceiling. It is everywhere else, so it must be in the powder room. I'm not really sure. P.s. Yes 8" drop ceiling shown when I zoom in on the floor plan.
Old 2017-05-21, 12:46 PM
Regular User

Well done! We have a similar bedroom being used as an office and I can see that working.

You do have a window in that nook now though...so floor to ceiling storage?