Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2008-01-20, 08:29 PM

Default [clear]

[delete] ... ... ...

Last edited by cdnstar; 2016-01-23 at 10:43 AM.
Old 2008-01-20, 10:32 PM
Regular User

HELLO NEIGHBOR!

What lot are you? My Husband and I are building Pacifica on Lot 72, Block 158. We just signed the dotted line yesterday and we're really excited about it. Upgrading from our condo townhouse in Nepean..

I wonder when we'll get a closing date... It would be nice to know!
Old 2008-01-21, 08:44 AM
Regular User

Wow, you ARE across the street from us. Exciting. I am thinking we will close in Jan 2009. That's just my gut feeling. Reallly want some sort of a firm[er] date though so we can organize our sale on our existing property.

We also poked around the design centre a bit yesterday- it was kind of like semi-organized chaos.

P.S. Better believe we drove by the site!

Old 2008-01-21, 07:04 PM
Regular User

Congrats with your purchase!
Old 2008-01-21, 07:33 PM
Regular User

Since we didn't have a scheduled appointment we kinda just wandered around. We were only there for maybe 20 minutes. There wasn't much to see actually. Some stuff had "standard" stickers on it and other stuff had "upgrade" stickers on it. As far as pricing goes we learned absolutely nothing. We only decided we didn't like any of the cushion floor they had as samples for the kitchen so we kinda solidified our decision to upgrade to ceramic. They had a decent selection of standard ceramics - I was pleased with that. Honestly, I expected way more. I would wait until your electrical appointment and poke around the design centre then.

Interesting that you have been researching this purchase for months. We kinda just sporadically bought the place after a failed offer in our own neighborhood (Craig Henry). Honestly 2 weeks ago we weren't even thinking about buying a new place, never mind in Kanata!
Old 2008-01-25, 10:03 AM
Regular User

The only things we've tweaked so far is keep the vanity in the powder room rather than the pedestal sink and to upgrade all sliding doors to swing doors. 60 bucks to upgrade the entry one to swing ... 800 to get the "french" doors with the frosted window... yikes. We opted for the 60! There was something else as well but I can't even think of what it is.

We also asked to move our watertap in the garage closer to the door - she wasn't sure if they would do it because of freezing issues. And we asked for our BBQ gas outlet to be moved further from the door. We talked a bit about moving the sink down the counter in the master to make room for more cupboards but it's still a bit inconclusive on whether we can do that.

It was nice to get a few estimates on some upgrades we are planning.. i.e. 2k for ceramic in kitchen and 1500k to put jets in the master bath.

I did speak to Leigh Ann at the sales centre the other day and she said that head office is looking to assign closing dates soon and she may have a better idea next week on approx. closing dates.
Old 2008-01-25, 11:26 AM
Regular User

If you don't mind me asking, how much does it cost to add the fireplace in the basement?

I am leery about putting our tv above the fireplace because of the heat issues!
Old 2008-01-25, 12:26 PM
Regular User

*blink*... *blink*... that is me staring at my computer screen in disbelief... almost 4k for that! YIKES. Good thing I kept my mouth shut and didn't insist on that because I'm sure hubby would have said no to that one pretty quickly.

I think that office in the basement is a great idea though!

We're hoping to come in under 300k with upgrades. Seems do-able.. but I don't know...

This is kinda weird, talking to your neighbors before you're even neighbors....
Old 2008-02-05, 10:23 AM
Regular User

Closing dates are quite possibly coming today.... call Leigh Ann and harass her
Old 2008-02-05, 10:50 AM
Regular User

Hmm, I never even thought about a raised hearth. It might look really nice though, covered with some nice stone.. 265 bucks isn't much in the grand scheme of things.

I WANT THE CLOSING DATE!!!! Any bets on when it will be? I had a dream last night it was March 19th - let's hope not!