Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill

Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill For residents and soon-to-be residents of Mattamys On Main and Wheler's Mill.

Old 2007-03-28, 10:05 PM
Regular User

Default For the dog owners!

I've noticed some of us are sporting a nice shade of yellow in our backyards thanks to our four-legged friends. I guess I thought the snow would neutrilizer our dogs urine but....well obviously not. What do you plan on doing with your big (and I mean BIG) yellow spots? When we put in the deck this should hide most of the spots but the rest??

What's your plan?

Kwik-Post Decks, Fences and Postholes : 905-473-3536
Old 2007-03-29, 09:17 AM
Regular User

Hi Danielle and Ted, our issue is not the yellow spots on the grass; I can deal with that, but being a responsible dog owner myself, we ALWAYS stoop and scoop. We've noticed that not everyone is as diligent as we are and are seeing A LOT of dog poop on ours and our neighbours lawns!!! Honestly, something needs to be done!! It is disgusting and unsanitary!! Please, if you have dogs, clean up after your pets and help keep our new neighbourhood beautiful!!
Bell Lake, elevation A
Closing Date: July 20, 2009
Old 2007-03-29, 11:58 AM
Regular User

You need to put a sign on your lawn telling people to Stoop & Scoop.
Also mention that they are on camera.

This should help.

Unfortunately, we don't have grass yet, we are dealing with the mud issue. (Thank you GGH for the hay)
There are sprays that clear up the patches. You might want to check the local pet shops for ideas.

Good luck on both issues.
Own a house near 10th & Hoover Park.

P.S. Username should be John
Old 2007-03-29, 03:00 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna&alan View Post
Hi Danielle and Ted, our issue is not the yellow spots on the grass; I can deal with that, but being a responsible dog owner myself, we ALWAYS stoop and scoop. We've noticed that not everyone is as diligent as we are and are seeing A LOT of dog poop on ours and our neighbours lawns!!! Honestly, something needs to be done!! It is disgusting and unsanitary!! Please, if you have dogs, clean up after your pets and help keep our new neighbourhood beautiful!!

We always poop and scoop.... I have been a dog owner since I was a small child and it was always my job! LOL but I agree....people should be pooping and scooping.

But as for the yellow patches??

Old 2007-03-29, 05:12 PM
Regular User

Real Canadian Superstore Sells a Lawn Repair Kit especially for these yellowing stains includes grass seed, neutralizer, soil etc. We have used it and its worked well.
Old 2007-03-29, 06:31 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmcneil View Post
Real Canadian Superstore Sells a Lawn Repair Kit especially for these yellowing stains includes grass seed, neutralizer, soil etc. We have used it and its worked well.
thanks for the help!

Old 2007-03-30, 04:29 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna&alan View Post
Try on your sidewalk. Someone left dog poop on my sidewalk.

Last edited by Rowdyruffboy; 2007-03-30 at 03:22 PM.
Old 2007-04-01, 09:21 PM
Regular User

I find new sod is the worst for urine stains. We learned this the hard way at our old house and had Weedman come out and dig up the yellow patches and reseed our lawn. We then had to keep our dog off the grass for a month. Someone suggested digging out an area of the lawn and putting down gravel stones and train the dog to pee there every time and hose it down every now and then. This worked for our dog and now that we are in our new house and don't have sod, we take him to the side of the house where there is gravel and have him urinate there until we can dig a place in our back yard.
You might want to try this. Basically if your dog urinates on the grass you will have yellow patches.
Old 2007-04-02, 07:55 AM
Regular User

How hard it is to train a dog to go in your garage? Is it possible? Like for a little 5 lb dog?
Old 2007-04-02, 08:10 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdyruffboy View Post
How hard it is to train a dog to go in your garage? Is it possible? Like for a little 5 lb dog?
That would be a nice 'welcome home' smell... particularly in the dead of summer!