Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill

Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill For residents and soon-to-be residents of Mattamys On Main and Wheler's Mill.

Old 2007-08-20, 11:28 AM
Regular User

Default Real Estate Lawyer

Can anyone recommend a real estate lawyer in the Richmond Hill or Markham or Stouffville area?

We did our contract review with a real estate lawyer that was recommended by a co-worker. The lawyer was alright during the review but he wasn't very polite and he outright ignored Emily. When we first met him he introduced himself to me and shook my hand and then turned around and walked towards his office without even acknowledging Emily's presence. We've had a few follow-up questions in the interim and have left 3 messages with the clerks that have never been answered.

So… we’re not keen on padding his pockets. A legal friend of ours (who unfortunately doesn’t live in this part of the province) indicated that there is a full spectrum of pricing out there. If you provide a recommendation can you please post some approximate fees too? There are a lot of people closing in the next few months so I thought it was a thread that might be useful.

Thanks in advance!
MOVED IN!
Old 2007-08-20, 11:43 AM
Regular User

Based upon a recommendation from Craig and Sophie from this forum, we used,

Alex Jozefacki @ Jozefacki Fielding
905-940-3141

He's located in Markham right across from Markville Mall. If I recall correctly, he charged $600 plus disbursements (I can check). No problems at all with him or his legal assistants.
Old 2007-08-20, 12:39 PM
Regular User

Yep, Alexander was great. He knew his stuff and his team was very effecient.
Old 2007-08-20, 12:54 PM
Regular User

Here our Lawyer's contact. Our whole family uses his services

Angelo Vumbaca
1 West Pearce Street (Hwy 7 / Leslie)
suite 500
Richmond Hill, ON L4B 3K3
(905) 882-8666

Old 2007-08-20, 01:19 PM
Regular User

We used John Zinati from Zinati Kay. He was recommended by a few of my co-workers and our mortgage broker

They have fixed rate of $949 including title insurance.

http://www.zinatikay.com

Jason
2007...MOVED IN!
Old 2007-08-20, 04:22 PM
Regular User

Thanks for all of the info . I've been checking the recommendations out in addition to a few from the yellow pages. I'm shocked at how much of variation there is for the same services.

The latest one posted by miko1234 is by far the most competitive in terms of price. It is also nice that they don't mess around by quoting you five different fees with approximate numbers. Some of the lawyers I've been calling are giving me an estimate of $1500 +/- $500, even after I provide them with all of our details. What kind of "estimate" is that, lol. I think I'm in the wrong business. My clients would die if I provided them with a +/-33% estimate.

Again, thanks for the help everyone!
MOVED IN!
Old 2007-08-20, 06:33 PM
Regular User

Smile

Irene Matthews is not only wonderful in spirit, but thorough almost to a fault and very reasonable, although I do not remember the exact figure she charged.
She is located at 7225 Woodbine Ave unit 104....in the Frankie Tomato's Plaza. 905-475-9716
Old 2007-08-20, 08:51 PM
Regular User

Our total including fees, title search, and disbursements was $997 including GST.
Old 2007-08-21, 12:17 AM
Regular User

Just a tip .... if you go through FIRST CANADIAN TITLE they have a list of lawyers that have agreed to CAP their fees if you get title insurance from FIRST CANADIAN TITLE. I can't remember the exact number but I'm pretty sure it's in the $750 range.

Jon&Kate
10 Ken Laushway
Stouffville
Moved IN Jan.18 / 07
Old 2007-08-21, 12:43 PM

A good real estate lawyer in Stouffville is Ken Goodbrand at Button, Armstrong and Ness on main street