Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2009-10-17, 09:25 PM
Regular User

Default What schools are / will your kids be going to from Fairwinds?

We will be moving in December 2010 or after and I was wondering what school your kids will be going too.

We only have 1 in school right now but both kids will be in school in 2010. Our son is currently going to Ecole Edouard Bond (french catholic) and we are hoping to find a way to keep both there once we move. We'll have to figure out transport in the morning...

Where are you kids going?
Old 2009-10-17, 09:43 PM
Regular User

Well, my son is only 6 months now, but when he eventually goes to school, I think he will be going to Jean-Paul II (French Catholic).

I'm still trying to figure out your closing date - the others on Coriolis Court have a closing date of April (I think), and yours is December. Clearly, the foundations won't be poured before March/April, but has no one received a further delay letter yet? I'm on Brigatine and supposed to close in June. But Coriolis should be closing before us, so if you're closing in December, I wonder if I'm closing in 2011 for sure?? They can't go past February 2011, or we will have to re-sign...
Old 2009-10-17, 09:44 PM
Regular User

For French Catholic it's either Roger St-Denis or Jean Paul II in Stittsville. If you lookup those schools I'm sure they will have their boundaries listed. You only have one choice for French Public and that's Ecole Publique de Kanata.

Our kids currently go to Elizabeth Bruyere in Briddlewood (french catholic) and when we move to Stittsville in May my husband is just going to drive them to school to avoid changing them.
Old 2009-10-17, 11:58 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmogrrl View Post
Well, my son is only 6 months now, but when he eventually goes to school, I think he will be going to Jean-Paul II (French Catholic).

I'm still trying to figure out your closing date - the others on Coriolis Court have a closing date of April (I think), and yours is December. Clearly, the foundations won't be poured before March/April, but has no one received a further delay letter yet? I'm on Brigatine and supposed to close in June. But Coriolis should be closing before us, so if you're closing in December, I wonder if I'm closing in 2011 for sure?? They can't go past February 2011, or we will have to re-sign...
Hey Cosmogrrl,

When we bought earlier this month, there were only 2 lots left on Coriolis -- ours (Lot 15) and Lot 16. Closing date for #15 was December/2010 and #16 was September/2010. We asked if we could swap closing dates with #16, but were told that was not possible as #15 was designated by the Fire Department as a fire break for new construction developments (so if a fire occurred, it would not take the whole neighborhood of half-built houses with it). Therefore, even from Mattamy's original plans, our lot was always designated to be one of the last closing dates on the street. The other houses on the street need to be fully sided before they start work on #15.

Of course, it could also just come down to us being one of the later buyers My guess is that they will want to meet some of their obligations for Brigatine and other streets before they get to us.

I have to say that while we have not had the delay hassles that all of you have had in the last couple of years, it is going to be really hard for us next summer to see Coriolis take shape and we will still be months from moving in

Looks like it will be a great community and we are really looking forward to the moving to Fairwinds.

...Mark
Old 2009-10-18, 09:01 AM
Regular User

Ahhh... I get it now! Thanks for the clarification
Old 2009-10-18, 01:17 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmogrrl View Post
Well, my son is only 6 months now, but when he eventually goes to school, I think he will be going to Jean Paul II (French Catholic).
I just double checked the school's jurisdiction, and yes, he will be going to Jean Paul II.