Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > East Gwillimbury

East Gwillimbury Holland Landing, Queensville, Mount Albert, River Drive Park, and Sharon.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #571  
Old 2017-05-04, 07:26 PM
blade816 blade816 is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Maple, ON
Posts: 100
Default

Hi wowo,

What is the status of the inside of your house?
Reply With Quote
  #572  
Old 2017-05-05, 07:36 AM
wowo wowo is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade816 View Post
Hi wowo,

What is the status of the inside of your house?
They are done to install electrical wiring but not yet give insulation.. How about your house?
Reply With Quote
  #573  
Old 2017-05-05, 07:42 AM
blade816 blade816 is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Maple, ON
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowo View Post
They are done to install electrical wiring but not yet give insulation.. How about your house?
I haven't been inside in a couple of weeks, but there were people working inside yesterday. I assume they are starting the plumbing/electrical/vents but I'm not 100% sure if anything has really been started.
Reply With Quote
  #574  
Old 2017-05-06, 09:57 AM
wowo wowo is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade816 View Post
I haven't been inside in a couple of weeks, but there were people working inside yesterday. I assume they are starting the plumbing/electrical/vents but I'm not 100% sure if anything has really been started.
How many upgrades builder will give for free? or you can only pick up one upgrade.
Reply With Quote
  #575  
Old 2017-05-14, 10:22 PM
Lamchops Lamchops is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: North York
Posts: 36
Default

Just got our firm closing for Dec 13. Not the most ideal time to move, but they maxed out the delay, so I hope they don't rush anything.
Reply With Quote
  #576  
Old 2017-05-15, 09:15 AM
blade816 blade816 is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Maple, ON
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowo View Post
How many upgrades builder will give for free? or you can only pick up one upgrade.
Hi wowo, they said I could only pick one out of what they told me. I actually ended up getting 13 free potlights, which I figured was the best case scenario from all that they were offering. That would have been $3250 had I done it during my structural meeting.

Now I'm just hoping that this extra month gives them the time that they need to finish. I hear they are extremely short on brick layers.
Reply With Quote
  #577  
Old 2017-05-15, 10:14 AM
myhomeTB myhomeTB is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Newmarket
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamchops View Post
Just got our firm closing for Dec 13. Not the most ideal time to move, but they maxed out the delay, so I hope they don't rush anything.
Hi Lamchops,
what stage is your house now in? Our firm closing is in October and our house just have main floor built.
We like the progress for the Phase 3... they building fast and some houses have already roofs done. Hope they will continue same way until all houses are built.

Hi K1215, when is your firm closing day? Your house have already roof done.. you may be in a first closings in Phase 3?

Last edited by myhomeTB; 2017-05-15 at 11:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #578  
Old 2017-05-15, 10:36 AM
K1215H K1215H is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Maple
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhomeTB View Post
Hi Lamchops,
what stage is your house now in? Our firm closing is in October and our house just have main floor built.
We like the progress for the Phase 3... they building fast and some houses have already roofs done.

Hi K1215, when is your firm closing day? Your house have already roof done.. you may be in a first closings in Phase 3?
Hi myhomeTB !

Yes we were there yesterday and it seems to be flying up.

our closing tentative is Aug but we will find out the end of this month if that is firm.

i don't want them to rush for the sake of closing
Reply With Quote
  #579  
Old 2017-05-15, 11:00 AM
Lamchops Lamchops is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: North York
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhomeTB View Post
Hi Lamchops,
what stage is your house now in? Our firm closing is in October and our house just have main floor built.
We like the progress for the Phase 3... they building fast and some houses have already roofs done.
Hey,

We only have the foundation poured in, no walls or framing or anything. Our neighbors have this process started already... It has been the same for weeks now.

We tried to go up there but there was a guard... he only let us "pass" by, but it seems like they are pretty strict with letting people in now.
Reply With Quote
  #580  
Old 2017-05-15, 11:01 AM
Lamchops Lamchops is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: North York
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade816 View Post
Hi wowo, they said I could only pick one out of what they told me. I actually ended up getting 13 free potlights, which I figured was the best case scenario from all that they were offering. That would have been $3250 had I done it during my structural meeting.

Now I'm just hoping that this extra month gives them the time that they need to finish. I hear they are extremely short on brick layers.
That's actually not a bad choice. I would do the same if presented with some options.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Green Valley Estates - Bradford wowo Simcoe 2 2015-09-30 11:10 AM
NORTH STAR - Valley Green stekat Milton 1108 2014-04-06 05:52 PM
The Estates of West River Valley-Royal Pine Homes ERA78 Brampton 0 2013-09-29 11:25 AM
Vaughan Valley Estates pure Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan 0 2009-10-22 11:25 AM
Vaughan Valley Estates petetownsend74 Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan 16 2009-09-22 09:52 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:07 AM.



Copyright © PHAND Corporation
This document may not be used elsewhere without the expressed written consent of PHAND Corporation.
*** There is no association between this website and any builder. ***

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.