Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > East Gwillimbury

East Gwillimbury Holland Landing, Queensville, Mount Albert, River Drive Park, and Sharon.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #601  
Old 2017-06-21, 12:09 PM
blade816 blade816 is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Maple, ON
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowo View Post
Bricked is finished and closing date on July 15..
Ok...mine is July 18th and no bricks yet lol, but I have drywall inside. What's done so far on the inside of yours?
Reply With Quote
  #602  
Old 2017-06-21, 12:19 PM
wowo wowo is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade816 View Post
Ok...mine is July 18th and no bricks yet lol, but I have drywall inside. What's done so far on the inside of yours?
They have put dry wall and installed tiles in the kitchen and bathroom so far.
Not yet for hardwood and finishing other things..

I am worry if the builder will force to close the house with unfinished House and just like Mattamy Builder projects in Hamilton and Markham in the news recently..

http://globalnews.ca/news/3500224/ma...-with-builder/

http://globalnews.ca/video/3493895/m...home-occupancy
Reply With Quote
  #603  
Old 2017-06-21, 12:23 PM
blade816 blade816 is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Maple, ON
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowo View Post
They have put dry wall and installed tiles in the kitchen and bathroom so far.
Not yet for hardwood and finishing other things..

I am worry if the builder will force to close the house with unfinished House and just like Mattamy Builder projects in Hamilton and Markham in the news recently..

http://globalnews.ca/news/3500224/ma...-with-builder/

http://globalnews.ca/video/3493895/m...home-occupancy
Yes, your house seems in better shape than others. It's in better shape than mine, i'm closing only 3 days later than you, and you have bricks lol!

I spoke to a girl that was supposed to have her PDI yesterday (closing today), she has no kitchen, no bathroom cabinets, no hardwood....and they installed the wrong tile in her kitchen!!

I thought it was getting better but it doesn't look like it.
Reply With Quote
  #604  
Old 2017-06-21, 05:57 PM
bwhomebuyer bwhomebuyer is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: King City
Posts: 58
Default

Hi blade,

Is there anyway you could follow up with that girl who was supposed to close today? I am very surprised that home owners in this community are still encountering these problems with unfinished homes.

I wouldn't tolerate poorly done work, but unfinished is a few steps way below that even.

I also left a message on here a few weeks ago asking if the people with all of the complaints from phases 1 and 2 had their issues resolved by now, and there hasn't been a post about it. Are we to assume that everything turns out fine in the end?
Reply With Quote
  #605  
Old 2017-06-21, 06:21 PM
blade816 blade816 is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Maple, ON
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhomebuyer View Post
Hi blade,

Is there anyway you could follow up with that girl who was supposed to close today? I am very surprised that home owners in this community are still encountering these problems with unfinished homes.

I wouldn't tolerate poorly done work, but unfinished is a few steps way below that even.

I also left a message on here a few weeks ago asking if the people with all of the complaints from phases 1 and 2 had their issues resolved by now, and there hasn't been a post about it. Are we to assume that everything turns out fine in the end?
Hi bwhomebuyer, yes the girl I mentioned in my post above is the girl that is supposed to be closing today. My guess is they will be able to close the house even though it's missing hardwood, cabinets, kitchen, and the wrong tiles in the kitchen. She said the PDI is now Friday (2 days past closing), because by that time they will have most of these items done. I will believe it when I see it.
Reply With Quote
  #606  
Old 2017-06-22, 10:16 AM
bwhomebuyer bwhomebuyer is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: King City
Posts: 58
Default

Thanks for the update Blade!

I have to admit, this is very discouraging. I thought PDI stood for "Pre-Delivery Inspection", not "POST-Delivery Inspection".

I hope that everything gets done properly and on time for this girl. If it's late but at least done properly, then there is some relief there, but if it's late and then followed by months of follow-ups, work orders, etc, then that will be a huge pain in the ass.

I find it hard to believe with all of the technology that exists today in the palm of our hands how large businesses, such as home builders, still don't know how to use a calendar and organize time management properly. I get annoyed when my Amazon delivery is late by a day when I ordered it 2 days ago. Most of us bought these homes 2 years ago. That's over 700 days of planning and preparation!
Reply With Quote
  #607  
Old 2017-06-23, 01:09 AM
willbuyhome willbuyhome is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 52
Default

You're right, it's unbelievable how some builders are able to make people close simply because they "met the minimum requirements for occupancy"


Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhomebuyer View Post
Thanks for the update Blade!

I have to admit, this is very discouraging. I thought PDI stood for "Pre-Delivery Inspection", not "POST-Delivery Inspection".

I hope that everything gets done properly and on time for this girl. If it's late but at least done properly, then there is some relief there, but if it's late and then followed by months of follow-ups, work orders, etc, then that will be a huge pain in the ass.

I find it hard to believe with all of the technology that exists today in the palm of our hands how large businesses, such as home builders, still don't know how to use a calendar and organize time management properly. I get annoyed when my Amazon delivery is late by a day when I ordered it 2 days ago. Most of us bought these homes 2 years ago. That's over 700 days of planning and preparation!
Reply With Quote
  #608  
Old 2017-06-26, 10:21 AM
blade816 blade816 is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Maple, ON
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbuyhome View Post
You're right, it's unbelievable how some builders are able to make people close simply because they "met the minimum requirements for occupancy"
Yep, until the building code changes, i'm sure the builders will just do whatever is to their best convenience. Their reputation doesn't even seem to matter to them anymore.

Basically once they pass occupancy and close the house, they get their money, and then have another 120 days to finish everything.

I noticed they now have all the tile done in my house. Hopefully they get going on the bricks now lol!
Reply With Quote
  #609  
Old 2017-06-26, 01:20 PM
wowo wowo is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade816 View Post
Yep, until the building code changes, i'm sure the builders will just do whatever is to their best convenience. Their reputation doesn't even seem to matter to them anymore.

Basically once they pass occupancy and close the house, they get their money, and then have another 120 days to finish everything.

I noticed they now have all the tile done in my house. Hopefully they get going on the bricks now lol!
The contractor can do quick for the bricks and they can finish it within 2 or 3 days for one house.
Reply With Quote
  #610  
Old 2017-06-26, 01:56 PM
myhomeTB myhomeTB is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Newmarket
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade816 View Post
Yep, until the building code changes, i'm sure the builders will just do whatever is to their best convenience. Their reputation doesn't even seem to matter to them anymore.

Basically once they pass occupancy and close the house, they get their money, and then have another 120 days to finish everything.

I noticed they now have all the tile done in my house. Hopefully they get going on the bricks now lol!
Are they doing tiles before the bricks?? That's strange... usually all work inside starts after house is bricked.
It's so much rain this summer..houses which still have no shingles and not bricked yet are all wet inside. I hope they will finish all work outside and will let house dry before starting inside work.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Green Valley Estates - Bradford wowo Simcoe 2 2015-09-30 12:10 PM
NORTH STAR - Valley Green stekat Milton 1108 2014-04-06 06:52 PM
The Estates of West River Valley-Royal Pine Homes ERA78 Brampton 0 2013-09-29 12:25 PM
Vaughan Valley Estates pure Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan 0 2009-10-22 12:25 PM
Vaughan Valley Estates petetownsend74 Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan 16 2009-09-22 10:52 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:01 AM.



Copyright © PHAND Corporation
This document may not be used elsewhere without the expressed written consent of PHAND Corporation.
*** There is no association between this website and any builder. ***

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.