Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #141  
Old 2019-10-04, 12:06 PM
bpsmicro bpsmicro is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
... brick not caulked/grouted in one brick ...
Depending on which brick, this may be deliberate. There are supposed to be gaps, generally along the bottom row, to allow any water that may get in behind the bricks to have a place to drain out.
If the gap is in the middle of the wall or some other weird place, probably not.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 2019-10-04, 12:07 PM
JCC JCC is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpsmicro View Post
Depending on which brick, this may be deliberate. There are supposed to be gaps, generally along the bottom row, to allow any water that may get in behind the bricks to have a place to drain out.
If the gap is in the middle of the wall or some other weird place, probably not.
Well then, that's good to know - thanks for that!

I think it's at/near the bottom.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 2019-10-08, 01:11 PM
SW126 SW126 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Well then, that's good to know - thanks for that!

I think it's at/near the bottom.
How can you guys get into the new house so frequently? The builder told us we only have one time appointment to walk through the house before the PDI (basically to check the frame work).
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 2019-10-08, 01:13 PM
JCC JCC is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW126 View Post
How can you guys get into the new house so frequently? The builder told us we only have one time appointment to walk through the house before the PDI (basically to check the frame work).
All you've gotta do is ask. Give a bit of notice and ask. I just send an email or text to the construction office, give the date and time, and they notify the site. We're also in Riverside South - easier to get into the actual community because it's pre-existing - so we can drive up to it any time.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 2019-10-08, 01:20 PM
SW126 SW126 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
All you've gotta do is ask. Give a bit of notice and ask. I just send an email or text to the construction office, give the date and time, and they notify the site. We're also in Riverside South - easier to get into the actual community because it's pre-existing - so we can drive up to it any time.
OK, thanks a lot. By the way one more question, will the builder give you the construction office information after the first frame work walk through, or you have to ask for it? We are from HN, they never tell us that we could communicate with the construction office.......
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 2019-10-08, 01:22 PM
JCC JCC is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW126 View Post
OK, thanks a lot. By the way one more question, will the builder give you the construction office information after the first frame work walk through, or you have to ask for it? We are from HN, they never tell us that we could communicate with the construction office.......
Eh - I don't ask for permission, I just try it and see if it works - worst case, someone says no - right?. I got the email & phone number of the construction office when they emailed me to schedule my framing walk-through. They didn't seem to take issue with me writing!
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 2019-10-08, 04:06 PM
mondler mondler is offline
Junior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: ON
Posts: 20
Default

I just trespassed. Lol

But now that they are working on the interior, they locked the house. It doesn't hurt to ask though.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Century Grove Experience fisasif Milton 4 2012-06-19 09:08 AM
The Grove (Tribute) jadephoenixx Durham - General 20 2010-10-21 09:38 AM
Century Grove Homes asim7 Oakville 3 2009-07-16 11:55 PM
Roberries in Box Grove rizwan Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan 7 2009-05-15 02:13 PM
Ida Jane Grove cover girl Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane 5 2007-11-06 05:49 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:17 AM.



Copyright © PHAND Corporation
This document may not be used elsewhere without the expressed written consent of PHAND Corporation.
*** There is no association between this website and any builder. ***

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.