Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Richmond Hill

Richmond Hill Century Grove, Democrat Homes, Acorn Homes, Fieldgate, Heathwood Homes, Vogue Development, Brookfield, Sky Homes, Genesis Homes, Fairgate, Fernbrook, Fieldgate, Tribute, Lebovic, Maple Lane, Great West, Mirrow Homes, Queensgate, Primont, Saberwood, Edenbrook, Luvian, Kaitlin, Pemberton, Empire Homes, H&R, Wyecliffe, The Woodlands and more!

Old 2007-05-17, 12:59 PM

Wink Bond Lake Lebovic home comment

How's Lebovic home for Bond Lake? I'm considering the detach house but is afraid of the construction being build by Lebovic. Do they really have bad follow up after the PDI report?
I read the forum, it seems it's not a good builder, is that right?
Anyone have problem with the house in Bond Lake area? Any serious squeaking sound from the flooring? Any hammering sound from the water pipe? Are they using copper water pipe or PVC (plastic)?

I like the area but is afraid of the house built by Lebovic is not reliable. Any comments?

Thanks
Old 2007-05-17, 01:17 PM
Regular User

We lived in Bond Lake for 7 years before we moved last year. Never had any problems with our house from Lebovic. I am sure construction techniques and the specs have changed since we bought, but we were very happy with our house and area is great.

Hope that helps.

Mike
Old 2007-05-17, 07:09 PM
Regular User

We moved into a new Lebovic home in Bond Lake this spring and are pleased with the quality. Compared to friends who bought from other builders, we had a much shorter list of deficiencies. Not perfect, but what subdivision house is?
The only caution I would give is to be prepared for delays to the closing date, if the house is not yet built.
Old 2007-05-19, 03:05 AM

Default Lebovic Horrible

We will never buy from Lebovic again.

1) We were to close last year...on day of closing our lawyer had to hunt down lebovic to find out what was heppening and the day after closing date they told us we were delayed....no fore warning

2) Once we took posession, they had not installed air conditioner nor did they order and install screens for windows. In middle of summer with record heat we had to keep windows open with mosquitos coming into house, biting my wife and kids.

3) Once PDI is done they do not followup you have to go there to office daily, and still take forever. Been over year and still some defects not fixed.

4) Girls in office are helpful, but powerless to get things done quickly. Forman and subforman should be fired. Totally inept. Lebovic seniors should take over from their son who is running things.

many more....ask me any questions...
Old 2007-10-15, 05:53 PM

Angry Another Sad Lebovic Tale

We purchased a Lebovic home in the Bond Lake development over 3 year ago and have yet to close. I must agree with all the pre-construction comments posted:

The ladies at the sales office are very nice but powerless, they simply deliver the messages.

Closings are delayed with out explanation. Requests for explanation are met with silence - you are not entitled to know what is happening with your very large purchase.

Requests for signed amendments are made without explanation. Requests for explanation are met with threats of deal cancellation or as you get closer to a closing date, threats of closing without cabinetry, countertops, only 1 working washroom and a temporary kitchen sink.

Compensation for the delay (as in an upgrade or some type of add on) are not offered and not considered if you ask for it.

We have no comment on the house itself because we have not gone through the PDI process.

Inquiries on Lebovic's building reputation turned up as positive but clearly that is a historical reputation from when the Sr. family members were running the show.

We would never recomend purchasing from Lebovic and tell everyone we know to steer clear.
Old 2007-11-24, 02:29 AM

Default Lebovic Homes- Bond Lake RH- stay away at all expense

If you must buy in this area- go to Fieldgate, you'd probably get better service all the way..... definately a professional company.
Don't rely on Tarion for help, their information about Lebovic is obsolete- definately not up-to-date.
Old 2007-11-25, 06:23 PM

Default Fieldgate is a great builder

We just closed last week on our Fieldgate townhouse and we are very happy. From speaking to a few others about Lebovic, the impression is not a good one, even if only half of the tales are true.

Our Fieldgate house was not delayed, in fact we asked them to move up the closing date by a month and the happily obliged! Interior quality is pretty good - everything was finished and the PDI was very well done - they explained everything, answered all our questions and made sure we spotted as many issues as possible. We've found a few other items which will go on the 30 day, but the list will be quite short.

I highly recommend Fieldgate - they did a great job and so far we are quite happy with the process.
Cheers
-S