Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Burlington

Burlington For residents of and soon to be residents of Burlington. Alton Village. Sundial, Fernbrook, Mattamy, Emery, Tribute, Valery, Legend Creek, Branthaven, Monarch, Thornwood

Old 2009-10-17, 08:52 PM
Regular User

Default Oak Staircase Pricing

Does anyone have the pricing to upgrade to an oak staircase with sundial? Particularly with the nile plan?

We need the price for the upgrade to oak. Upgrade for colour. Upgrade to iron spindles.

Thanks

Old 2009-10-18, 04:58 PM
Regular User

I believe all models are roughly $5000 for the staircase, and 1500 to 2000 to stain any color other than natural.

Can't remember the iron picket price, but even the railing installers do not recommend them. They say after a year they get very loose.
Old 2009-10-18, 06:23 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffask View Post
Can't remember the iron picket price, but even the railing installers do not recommend them. They say after a year they get very loose.
If the foot of the picket is attached with screws, it's a little bit more work & the installers don't like doing it. If pickets are installed the conventional way in a hole drilled by installer, maybe they drill the hole too big. So they must be doing something wrong if they get loose after a year.
Old 2009-10-18, 06:56 PM
Regular User

I can promise you that they are not using screws!
Old 2009-10-18, 08:24 PM
Regular User

Default Thanks

Thanks for the imput.

I did find the price for the oak stairs in my structural package, and $4200 for really nice stairs that i will cover with a runner did not really make sense at the time,

I am finding the info on the metal pickets to be interesting. Any word from a current owner who has them?

Thanks again.
Old 2009-10-19, 10:26 AM
Regular User

Hi Nixon, my staircase was 4050.00 natural stain, didn't get the wrought iron pickets though, that will be in the future!
Old 2009-10-19, 06:37 PM
Regular User

Not to hijack your thread, but a quick question:

can I still have the rod iron pikets, yet no oak stairs for now from the builder. I want to leave capet for a couple of years, however, want to upgrade to rod iron from Sundial.

Can I re-use these rod iron pickets, once I change to oak stairs. is it do-able
Thanks for your reply.

thanks!!
Old 2009-10-19, 08:08 PM
Regular User

The iron pickets are a decision you make during colours. The actual staircase is structural. Depending on where you are in the process you should be able to so.

Old 2009-10-22, 10:50 PM
Regular User

Just wanted to bump this since I too am interested in hearing from homeowners that have gotten the iron pickets. Are you happy with them? Thoughts?
Old 2009-10-23, 01:08 PM
Regular User

We own a Mattamy home and have the wrought iron pickets (with maple stairs). They are screwed at both the top and bottom of the picket and have not moved or lossened in the 3 years we have been in the home. Not sure what style/contractor other builders are using but I just wanted to let you know that they do look great and last if installed properly.

Steve