Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Building and Construction

Building and Construction General topics of building a home and the home construction industry.

Old 2011-03-02, 10:45 AM
Regular User

Default Bad Paint

Any one have experience with a really bad paint job by the builder with their new home? I'm talking about uneven walls and surfaces, over spray paint, significant brush marks, corner beads are broken etc.
I've read the Tarion Construction Performance Guildlines and it's clear to me that my builder as done a half@ss job.
What are your experiences in getting things like this fixed? Thanks in advance.
Old 2011-03-02, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSquared View Post
Any one have experience with a really bad paint job by the builder with their new home? I'm talking about uneven walls and surfaces, over spray paint, significant brush marks, corner beads are broken etc.
I've read the Tarion Construction Performance Guildlines and it's clear to me that my builder as done a half@ss job.
I guess it depends on the Builder. I have heard with some builders this can happen. I would suggest if this does happen to you bring it up with your builder and see what they have to say. Usually when you paint what you want after about a year after house has settled and nail pops will need to be repaired it will all look great then
Old 2011-03-02, 01:38 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSquared View Post
I know of a couple situations in Ottawa where it was so bad they repainted the entire house, and replastered a couple of walls. The corner bead is a warrantable item for sure.

Depending on the light, a badly painted base will show up even after you repaint.
Old 2011-03-02, 03:28 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by good2know View Post
I know of a couple situations in Ottawa where it was so bad they repainted the entire house, and replastered a couple of walls. The corner bead is a warrantable item for sure.

Depending on the light, a badly painted base will show up even after you repaint.

Exactly why I want them to do a 'as perfect' job as possible. They painter(s) who did the work in my house either really didn't care or they just didn't have enough experience. I don't want to knock the Builder, but they are ultimately responsible for the trades people that come in to do the work.
Old 2011-03-04, 06:09 PM
Regular User

yes they are - hope it works out for you