Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Hamilton-Wentworth > Waterdown

Waterdown Mountainview Heights, Starlane Homes and more!

Old 2012-01-23, 02:51 PM
Regular User

LOL, what a joke!

Not being a first time home buyer to say the least, this experience by far has been the worst out of any! ....and to top it all off they havent even started the build!

I'm still waiting to hear from Lanmart. They promised a return call with some updated information.
Old 2012-01-25, 09:33 PM
Regular User

Anyone have an update? Perhaps the case was settled and that is why the meeting was cancelled?
Old 2012-01-26, 11:25 AM

I doubt it because case hasnt been closed which leads me to believe their are still issues which shouldn't come to suprise for anyone
Old 2012-01-30, 07:28 AM
Regular User

Latest news is that the last few outstanding issues appear to have been resolved. My understanding is that work should commence soon!
Old 2012-01-31, 06:57 AM
Regular User

JUST A REMINDER THAT A FORUM HAS BEEN SET UP BY A MEMBER, SO IF YOU HAVE FOUND THIS POST FOR YOUR NEW DEVELOPMENT, PLEASE MOVE OVER TO
hXXp://kaleidoscopewaterdown.ca

*dont forget to change the XX to tt
Old 2013-10-09, 09:04 AM

Default grout sealer

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a good grout sealer for sanded grout? We got the standard 13x13 tile in the main bath and the grout space is larger than 1/4 inch, with sanded grout used. We're thinking maybe we should seal it? Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Old 2014-04-01, 07:21 PM

Default Disappointed Landmart buyer

My sister bought Landmart home in Oakville in 2011. It's really nice house and everyone likes it so I bought one in Waterdown in 2012 and the closing was in 2013.

I felt really disappointed with this builder. The price of the house was competitive but upgrades were too overpriced. They used low quality of material and poor workmanship. Several things like shower door, granite countertop, carpet, hardwood, etc were missing or damaged on closing date. House wasn't really finished on the closing. They wanted to receive the money and do fixing around later. Customer service is very slow on responding and ignores my questions and requests .

Damaged carpet on loft and hardwood on main floor had to be entirely replaced 4 months later. $10,000 "open to below" upgrade turned to be "open staircase". The agreement was misled and designer didn't clearly explained. Laundry area was too small that machines couldn't be fitted. It also took 4 months to be repaired.

Anyone is interested in bringing Landmart to public attention like CBC's marketplace or the Stars, please let me know. I have more detailed experience to share so other buyers don't make same mistake.