Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan

Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan Arista, Aspen Ridge, Avant, Ballantry, BurOak, Sierra Homes, CastleSquare, H&R, Lakeview, Cathedraltown, Mattamy, Country Wide, Starlane, Esquire Homes, Fieldgate, Forest Hill, Royal Park Homes, Great West, Greenpark, Kylemore, Remington Homes, Silver Valley, Laurier, Madison, Monarch, Liberty, Rosehaven, Sky Homes, Touchstone, Kylemore

Old 2012-06-18, 10:44 AM
Regular User

We purchased the lot on the second day. We should have made a decision on the first but couldn't pull the trigger. Of course prices jumped roughly $30K which was a little annoying but can't do anything about it. We selected elevation B.

When did you purchase your lot?

We were told we had to go to the City of Vaughan to get information regarding the side walks, fire hydrants, electrical green boxes, mail boxes, etc... It's almost impossible to get to their offices as they are only open from 8am to 4pm (Mon-Fri). I'll have to take a day off and get all this information.
Old 2012-06-24, 12:23 AM

We purchased on the 2nd day as well and we were kind of kicking ourselves for not coming in on day one. But like you, we might not have pulled the trigger on the first day anyway.

My wife called the City and confirmed that there are no side walks on Azrock. Depending on who you talk to, you might just be able to call and ask someone rather than taking the day off.
Old 2012-07-11, 11:34 AM
Regular User

Spoke with the City and got some additional insight on my lot:

- Side walk on Cannes side of my lot
- No Mailboxes on Azrock (closest mailbox will be situated on Cannes near the park)
- No drain in the backyard
- No fire hydrants on property
- No electrical green box on property
- Corner fencing between both Azrock houses
- One street lamp between Azrock houses
- One street lamp between my house on Cannes and the house to the south of me
Old 2012-07-18, 09:30 PM

Default City contact information?

Hi Gmatta,

I also purchased from Mosaik in Woodbridge. On Cannes Drive. Is it possible for you to provide me with the contact information of the person who you spoke with at the city. I would like to know the same info for my lot.

Thanks!
Old 2012-07-24, 11:14 AM
Regular User

Hi,

I went on the city website:

http://www.city.vaughan.on.ca/vaughan/contact_info.cfm

I called the development planning phone number (905)832-8565. I spoke to them about wanting to get additional information about my lot. They transferred me to an individual named Joe. I don't remember what department Joe was from but he gave me everything I wanted. I just told them it was very difficult to leave work early and get to Vaughan in time to access the City's records.
Old 2012-07-24, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmatta View Post
Hi,

I went on the city website:

http://www.city.vaughan.on.ca/vaughan/contact_info.cfm

I called the development planning phone number (905)832-8565. I spoke to them about wanting to get additional information about my lot. They transferred me to an individual named Joe. I don't remember what department Joe was from but he gave me everything I wanted. I just told them it was very difficult to leave work early and get to Vaughan in time to access the City's records.
Thanks for the information! I will call them tomorrow.
Old 2012-08-25, 11:03 PM

Default Upgrade letter

Hi. Everyone did everybody got upgrade letter
Old 2012-08-25, 11:05 PM

Default Confused

Hi. Does every builder charge these upgrade. Its first time i heard these things
Old 2012-08-30, 11:47 AM

Have an appointment next week for the tier 1 stuff. That $7k for upgrades will probably be gone after a single upgrade. I'm considering getting the walk-up basement...does anybody have any experience with that?
Old 2012-09-14, 01:09 PM
Regular User

I booked my appointment with Mosaik in October to go over the structural changes. You may need to call them as they tried calling me but I never received any missed calls from their office. Whatever the case may be you may just have to call them to get more information.

Did anyone receive a price list for the structural changes?