Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan

Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan Arista, Aspen Ridge, Avant, Ballantry, BurOak, Sierra Homes, CastleSquare, H&R, Lakeview, Cathedraltown, Mattamy, Country Wide, Starlane, Esquire Homes, Fieldgate, Forest Hill, Royal Park Homes, Great West, Greenpark, Kylemore, Remington Homes, Silver Valley, Laurier, Madison, Monarch, Liberty, Rosehaven, Sky Homes, Touchstone, Kylemore

Old 2012-09-14, 01:16 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsay View Post
Have an appointment next week for the tier 1 stuff. That $7k for upgrades will probably be gone after a single upgrade. I'm considering getting the walk-up basement...does anybody have any experience with that?
Hi,

You mentioned you had an appointment during the 1st week of September. Did you get an idea of how much various structural cahnges cost (i.e., increasing height of ceiling, moving walls, adding wall niches, etc...)

Thanks
Old 2012-10-04, 10:00 AM
Regular User

Did anyone have their first structural meeting with Mosaik?

If so, please provide details on what you thought were upgrades worthwhile thorugh the builder.

Thanks!
Old 2012-11-27, 02:08 PM

Sorry for the late reply...I should subscribe to thread notification.

I'm guessing by now, Gmatta, you've done your first meeting already?

We ended up going with smooth ceilings on the 2nd floor, bigger basement windows, rearranging some things in the kitchen and some lights, some other small things here and there. All-in-all the $7K was used up be at least they give you $7k plus tax.
Old 2013-02-26, 03:36 PM

Default Upgrades

Hi
I'm wondering if any of you who purchased at the view have any info on upgrades? We just bought and haven't had our appt yet. Just wondering what we are looking at!
Old 2013-02-28, 03:35 PM
Regular User

Hi Chloe2012,

We've had our structural appt with Mosaik which happened around Sept/October timeframe. I spoke with the design studio and they said they are sending out pricing lists for the 2nd appt which will cover cosmetic upgrades to the house (Kitchen, faucets, tiles, etc...). I'll make sure to post something on the board once I receive something in the mail.

P.S. where exactly did you buy within the assigned lots?
Old 2013-02-28, 09:28 PM

Hi gmatta
Thanks so much for getting back to me. We are in the midst of setting up our structural appt but Im more interested in prices for the decor upgrades. Id appreciate you posting any info on that as I'm sure you'll have it long before us as we just purchased a few weeks ago. We bought lot 26. Really looking forward to how the development will look.

Thanks again for your response.
Old 2013-03-01, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe2012 View Post
Hi gmatta
Thanks so much for getting back to me. We are in the midst of setting up our structural appt but Im more interested in prices for the decor upgrades. Id appreciate you posting any info on that as I'm sure you'll have it long before us as we just purchased a few weeks ago. We bought lot 26. Really looking forward to how the development will look.

Thanks again for your response.
Hi chloe2012,

We recently just bought (within the last week) and I was wondering how flexible they were with you with negotiating upgrades in your offer. I wanted to add a few things as part of my offer but they werent that flexible ... example-extend ceiling height but they wanted me to pay over $10k ...
Old 2013-03-01, 02:30 PM

Hi, can someone provide me with an approximation of the price range of these houses? Especially interested in the 32' FT lot (TheAntibes).

Thanks!
Old 2013-03-01, 03:47 PM
Regular User

Hi guys,

We bought during phase one of the release back in April 2012. I'm assuming this was the new phase. Just like you all are currently going through we couldn't negotiate anything with the builder. We asked for upgrades to be included but got turned down. At our structural meeting we did opt to get 10-ft ceilings ($9K) and 9-ft basement ceilings ($10K). We were told by the builder that the foundation is being laid for phase 1 and there will not be any delays.

As for pricing for phase one (Based on memory so don't hold me to these numbers):
32 ft lots - ~$720k to $760k
40 ft lots - ~$780k to $850k

We bought a corner lot on a 40 ft lot. Did not have to pay a premium but most of the properties have so sort of premium associated to it. Some of the 50 ft lots had $200k premiums!

Hope that helps. I will post the decor upgrade pricing when I receive it.
Old 2013-03-01, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenoble1 View Post
Hi chloe2012,

We recently just bought (within the last week) and I was wondering how flexible they were with you with negotiating upgrades in your offer. I wanted to add a few things as part of my offer but they werent that flexible ... example-extend ceiling height but they wanted me to pay over $10k ...
Hi there,
We had to pay the 10k as well to add the higher ceilings. With the spring market heating up and the lots selling there is barely any room for negotiation. Hopefully they can work something out for you. :0)