Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Hamilton-Wentworth > Waterdown

Waterdown Mountainview Heights, Starlane Homes and more!

Old 2012-08-18, 12:08 AM

Default Mountainview Heights - furniture, appliances, A/C (not a commercial posting)

Hello everyone, glad to be here. For the record, and to comply with rule #7 of creating a thread, I do not have a business that I am attempting to promote nor will I profit from this.

My wife and I purchased a lot in Mountainview Heights and we need to buy new furniture, appliances, an A/C, etc. Figuring others would be in a similar situation, I approached a few stores to see if they would be interested in selling to us at a discounted rate if several new homeowners we went in as a group. I won't mention which store(s) here, so I don't upset the moderators, but they were very interested. We don't have to all buy on the same day, either. It can be spread out over an extended period.

I also found a small company that sells/installs A/Cs and is willing to cut us a good deal on a bulk purchase. Obviously, the more people who buy the better price for all.

Feel free to contact me if you are interested or have any questions (private message/email). Again, I am not going to make a dime from anyone here and I am not a sales person. I hope to continue this as we go forward with the new neighbourhood with future needs - landscaping, home renos, etc.

Last edited by Timm; 2012-11-26 at 09:49 PM.
Old 2012-08-18, 12:36 AM
Regular User

I wouldn't hold back too much, if legit, I've seen a lot of posts from various areas on this board reap several benefits from group buys.

FYI this appears to be the group thread for starlane/greenpark waterdown location.

http://www.buildinghomes.ca/communit...ad.php?t=17385
Old 2012-08-18, 01:08 AM

I read most of that thread but didn't want to hijack since this is a different topic and not just limited to Starlane owners.
Old 2012-08-23, 04:06 AM

Default Appliances and furniture

Hey,

We are lot 26 in mountainview heights and we would most definately be interested in purchasing as a group. Also what is everyone's say with window coverings and potlights inside and outside the home? Would there be enough people interested to approach a company as a group?

This can be beneficial to everyone. Lets discuss further.

Last edited by Dec; 2012-08-23 at 04:13 AM.
Old 2012-08-29, 12:04 AM

Dec, I don't know anyone for pot lights but I am going to contact a place for window blinds that I heard positive things about through a family friend.
Old 2012-09-01, 02:47 PM

Yeah, that would be great to contact someone for window blinds. What about air conditioning? Fencing? However, i dont think that too many people are interested since not many people have posted their opinions.
Old 2012-09-27, 07:03 PM

Yeah, it looks that way. Two people emailed me about A/Cs and one for appliances. I can certainly get a good deal on these for those who are interested. Maybe the furniture is a lost cause. No luck on blinds so far. One place never responded and another is only offering a 5% discount.

Last edited by Timm; 2012-09-27 at 07:08 PM.
Old 2012-10-05, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm View Post
Yeah, it looks that way. Two people emailed me about A/Cs and one for appliances. I can certainly get a good deal on these for those who are interested. Maybe the furniture is a lost cause. No luck on blinds so far. One place never responded and another is only offering a 5% discount.
Get in touch with through email at d.patel1003@gmail.com

We will talk further and see what we can do. We have already booked the appliances and booked a day for the potlights installation. But a better deal can always help.

Thanks.
Old 2012-10-06, 08:00 PM

Default A/cs

hi,
great idea. yes we will buy a/cs in group but may be after winter. we dont need to buy in winter. i know some one who can give us good deal in group purchase..sorry but i bought applances from brick they give us good deal.my lot no is 165. closing in nov.8. my friend want sell greenpark home on same site, if you know some one want to buy let me know. thanks
Old 2012-10-15, 04:59 PM

Default Selling

Is your friend still interested in selling his place? If yes, can he email me with the details at luckycharms108@hotmail.com? thnxs