Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Aurora

Aurora Minto, Kylemore, Aspen Ridge and Townwood

Old 2015-08-18, 02:29 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by anf View Post
hey guys, wondering if anyone has been monitoring humidity levels in the basement, i know they are normally more humid than floors above but it seems like i'm having trouble keeping it below 60% even with a 70pint dehumidifier and doors closed! whats ur experience?
Had the same problem, couldn't get it below 60%. Found that we need to leave the A/C on at 23C, leave the furnace fan on (I think newer ECM motors are pretty efficient these days), and the basement vents open to help circulate, in order to reduce the humidity. Upstairs is around 45%, still basement is around 55%. The dehumidifier alone can't keep up. I keep the doors open actually.
Old 2016-02-19, 04:57 PM
Regular User

Hello, neighbors

Any owners who have nail heads on the ceiling? I have handful 1st and 2nd floor mostly along the line where the ceiling and the wall meet. The guy from the builder told me that he can fix them but it's just going to be hammering them in and putting plaster. Thereafter, the owner has to sand and re-paint them.
I'm a bit concerned if it's nothing wrong with structure. Also, not sure I can match the paint color. Urggg
Old 2016-03-10, 09:26 PM
Regular User

We had the same issue, color is completely off. No idea how I'm going to match the ceiling colour.
Old 2016-03-11, 12:07 PM
Regular User

The builder will give you a cannister of ceiling paint. We got one from Arista, and our previous home builder gave us one too. They also give you trim paint. Make sure you ask for it in case they forget.
Old 2016-04-05, 09:14 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilike View Post
Hello, neighbors

Any owners who have nail heads on the ceiling? I have handful 1st and 2nd floor mostly along the line where the ceiling and the wall meet. The guy from the builder told me that he can fix them but it's just going to be hammering them in and putting plaster. Thereafter, the owner has to sand and re-paint them.
I'm a bit concerned if it's nothing wrong with structure. Also, not sure I can match the paint color. Urggg
hi, if you still need ceiling paint I have half a gallon left. I did some renos post close and got the matching ceiling paint. you can have some if you still need.
Old 2017-03-02, 02:05 PM
Regular User

Has any homeowner tried to use the ethernet port in each bedrooms to use the internet? The other day I went up and down to figure out what the physical connection looks like and here's my discovery so far:
- The port in the 2nd floor bedrooms has CAT5 connection, which means they can be used for ethernet
- However, the other end of those ports are hooked up to a telecom distribution module in the basement
Old 2017-03-02, 09:55 PM
Regular User

Yes they are cat5. Just need to cap them and plug them into a hub or router in the basement and you'll have hardware throughout the house 👍
Old 2017-03-03, 08:38 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendlam View Post
Yes they are cat5. Just need to cap them and plug them into a hub or router in the basement and you'll have hardware throughout the house 👍
Thanks, Bendlam. Then, did you un-do all the wiring done at the black telecom distribution module in the basement and crimp them with RJ45 connectors?
Old 2017-03-03, 11:27 AM
Regular User

No mine were just hanging in the basement joists