Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Simcoe

Simcoe Orillia, Lake Simcoe, Lake Couchiching to Collingwood, Georgian Triangle, Barrie, Alliston, Cookstown, Tottenham, Bradford, Holland Marsh, Midland, Penetanguishene, Georgian Bay, Trent Severn Waterway.

Old 2015-11-24, 03:29 PM
Regular User

Ashley86 and any others who were wondering about this,
I emailed my lawyer and he said that nothing on the Conditions page looks unusual in terms of typical builder provisions, and if it is unsigned the problem is that the builder may use it as an excuse for not doing some or all of the work that we requested in terms of the extras.

Giraffe we didn't change anything so I am not sure why we are having to sign this sheet again when a lot of the same wording is in our original contract. Who knows with this builder lol from misplaced paperwork to not returning phone calls you never know what to expect
Old 2015-11-24, 04:15 PM
Regular User

Welcome Jenny

I am already here. We moved up from Toronto 4 years ago. Our house backs onto the first pond. We have had a front row seat to this development for the past two and a half years. Will finally be glad when its done. Beeton is a great place to live. Let me know if you have any questions about the community.
Old 2015-11-24, 04:26 PM
Regular User

Another house being framed today on pond side of Strachan. Sorry not sure of the named but its towards the end. Also digging another basement beside the one being framed.
Old 2015-11-24, 06:27 PM
Regular User

MariaR it does not appear anything is happening with your lot yet. I took a photo for you but can't seem to attach it. TineH thanks for the info. I really don't want to sign but I do worry that they will use it as an excuse based on how they have conducted themselves to date.
Old 2015-11-24, 06:28 PM
Regular User

Thanks for the update Ashley86! I appreciate it!
Old 2015-11-24, 06:43 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley86 View Post
MariaR it does not appear anything is happening with your lot yet. I took a photo for you but can't seem to attach it. TineH thanks for the info. I really don't want to sign but I do worry that they will use it as an excuse based on how they have conducted themselves to date.
My lawyer said exactly what tinah said in her post! If we sign it we are basically saying if they cant do one of our extras then its okay. And i dont think thats right. Why allow us to pay for an extra if we then cant have it ?
Old 2015-11-24, 10:43 PM

Thanks for all the updates Queenie! At least we are seeing some progress. We hope to visit the site this weekend. Hopefully there is some good news for us! *fingers crossed*
Old 2015-11-25, 06:44 PM

Hey everyone
Any more progress on site today?
Anyone notice anymore lots being dug?
Hope everyone is having a great day
Old 2015-11-25, 08:26 PM

Thank you for the updates Queenie, you are a godsend. We are out in Alberta so we don't have a clue about what is going on- this site is our life line. Has anyone noted if there is any work going on over on lot 116 (that's the new lot number)? They have moved our closing date to July 2016 so we are hoping that is a firm date.

Thanks for all the pics and updates everyone!
Old 2015-11-25, 10:21 PM
Regular User

Hi Everyone

Lots of action on site today. Basement being dug on pond side of Strachan near the end. Also I believe more digging on Pital but couldn't see clearly. I know they were pouring foundations because I could hear the alarm on the cement truck when it releases the cement. When they first started pouring foundations I didn't know the cement truck alarm sounds like a police car alarm lol. Also framing on Lot 2 and framing farther down near Lot 20. Not sure of the exact number though. Two houses on the opposite side of Strachan (across from ponds) have walls. I think one of those will belong to Blacksheep. That's about all I could see from the house. Sorry I didn't get outside today to get a closer look.

Gingee what is your old/new lot no?

Mickeybaby wow you are a long way from here. Do you know what your old lot number is? I still have the old numbered plan. If I can I will try to get a closer look for you when the workers are not on site. So far they haven't restricted access to the site.