Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan

Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan Arista, Aspen Ridge, Avant, Ballantry, BurOak, Sierra Homes, CastleSquare, H&R, Lakeview, Cathedraltown, Mattamy, Country Wide, Starlane, Esquire Homes, Fieldgate, Forest Hill, Royal Park Homes, Great West, Greenpark, Kylemore, Remington Homes, Silver Valley, Laurier, Madison, Monarch, Liberty, Rosehaven, Sky Homes, Touchstone, Kylemore

Old 2013-12-09, 01:31 PM
Regular User

I called city of vaughan, engineering department and asked them to check. She told me upfront that they do not answer these kind of questions on the phone and she said you will have to come in and look at the drawings, but after i gave her the plan number, lot number etc, she found the drawing and gave me an app number. At the end she said i have the drawing, you will have to come in, but she said from a quick look, i don't see anything to be concerned. That's all she said.

We will go to the builders site again and ask, hopefully they will not be busy this time
Old 2013-12-09, 01:33 PM
Regular User

Thanks again bobblehead, we want 10 foot ceiling on main floor only, and 9 foot ceiling on second floor and probably will upgrade the basement height. Hopefully we will not have to pay for all these
Old 2013-12-09, 01:34 PM
Regular User

I have asked for you and confirm with your initial finding. see my "updated" post
Old 2013-12-09, 01:40 PM
Regular User

It comes down to negotiation skill.

Hint: I can tell you that most buyers do ask for more than the builder's standard offering. Go with either extra $ allowance. In any case, the extra ceiling heights retails for just under $10K EACH (I believe) for the main & 2nd and basement.

Like I said earlier, if you are considering those two lots, do drive around the neighborhood and see if you like it. Look for the proximity of the park, school, shopping plaza, main roadways, etc in relation to where these lots are located.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerwood View Post
Thanks again bobblehead, we want 10 foot ceiling on main floor only, and 9 foot ceiling on second floor and probably will upgrade the basement height. Hopefully we will not have to pay for all these
Old 2013-12-09, 02:15 PM
Regular User

forgot to say ...

If you want higher ceilings, you can only do 2 floors in combo, due to height restriction imposed by the City.
Old 2013-12-09, 05:05 PM
Regular User

Thanks bobblehead. That sucks though, but we might have to choose the second floor probably, and forget abouth basement ceiling for now. I wish they will allow us to upgrade it at least to 8 feet, the standard i believe is 7 feet and a half but i am not sure, and after you cover all the duckt work and other pipes, you have to bend your back if you you are a tall person
Old 2013-12-13, 07:47 PM
Regular User

I went to the medallion sales office in Maple and asked the sales rep if they can build the woodbridge model we liked in maple. Well, she was trying to sell me a similar model but it was not the same. We like the Maple location more, it is more convenient for us, but they don`t have the 40K give away anymore and I don`t know what we can negotiate with them. Surprisingly, the remaining lots are in a small street with no traffic and no sidewalk.
So let`s see what happens tomorrow
Old 2013-12-13, 09:09 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerwood View Post
I went to the medallion sales office in Maple and asked the sales rep if they can build the woodbridge model we liked in maple. Well, she was trying to sell me a similar model but it was not the same. We like the Maple location more, it is more convenient for us, but they don`t have the 40K give away anymore and I don`t know what we can negotiate with them. Surprisingly, the remaining lots are in a small street with no traffic and no sidewalk.
So let`s see what happens tomorrow
Put in your offer with the 40k in upgrades
Old 2013-12-13, 10:42 PM
Regular User

One question for you who bought from builder (especially from medallion). Do they allow you to visit the décor center before you buy? I read somewhere that Medallion décor center is open for browsing on Saturday, but do they ask you for any contract or lot number or is it open for everybody
Old 2013-12-13, 11:56 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaughan View Post
Put in your offer with the 40k in upgrades
Yes do ask for 40k with the offer, all negotiations are better done before you sign

progress thread
http://www.buildinghomes.ca/communit...ad.php?t=21560