Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Aurora

Aurora Minto, Kylemore, Aspen Ridge and Townwood


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 2014-02-25, 02:17 PM
ladygaga ladygaga is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Copper Hills South
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter8299 View Post
Question for ladygaga: As you state there is a wide margin, could you let me know what the rates for Newmarket and Aurora might be as of 2013? It could set my expectation atleast although no one knows the rate in the future. I have been enjoying the good rates of RH and Toronto in the past.
I don't know the exact rates for both municipalities as of right now as I don't have the paper work in front of me. And it has been about 4-5 months since I've analysed them. But, what I do know is that Newmarket and Oshawa have one of the highest property tax rates in all of Ontario. Toronto is one of the lowest.

Newmarket tax rates as of 2013 --> http://www.newmarket.ca/en/townhall/...sScheduleA.pdf

Aurora tax rates as of 2013 --> http://www.town.aurora.on.ca/app/wa/...aEntryId=61583

Tell me what you find. Look for RESIDENTIAL and tell me the difference between the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter8299 View Post
Also you mentioned Aurora is like 80-90% white, are you saying that's a good thing or bad thing?
It's all about perception to some. How do you feel how a community is fairing? Based on fact about the community or just how it appears to you? I'm just stating a fact, related to what the user mentioned above (this persons' 'opinion' comparing the two municipalities Aurora and Newmarket). I was just stating that Aurora may appear to be a wealthy, up and coming, good reputation... blah blah blah based on the majority of the people that reside there but, it's not the case as I proved it based on the article I provided above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter8299 View Post
We spoke with a few Chinese families, they were polite, educated (based on discussion), working class, and are mainly upsizing due to family growth.
This is true, I too have spoken to a few families that fit this situation and some of them have moved from Markham. But, what happened to Markham? I know. I lived there for 18+ years (1992 to 2010) and I watched it grow to what it is today. The same people from overseases (I mentined above) that moved to Markham in the last 15-20 years are for the most part, people who have or are moving to Aurora/Newmarket. The main reason...congestion. So, to be fair about this, the same people who moved to Markham that caused these congestion traffic and infrastructure issues, are the same people who are complaining about it and moving north to Newmarket/Aurora to get away from it.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 2014-02-25, 02:39 PM
ladygaga ladygaga is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Copper Hills South
Posts: 208
Default

Another fact that people should be aware of is that 50% of the residents of Newmarket actually, work in Newmarket.

The majority of the people that reside in Aurora, work across the city of Toronto and downtown.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 2014-02-25, 03:48 PM
anikiri anikiri is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Markham
Posts: 148
Default

The difference in property tax between Newmarket and Aurora in 2013 was 0.052%. For a 600k house (in either area), the difference is $300 per year or $25 a month. The difference is clearly staggering. /s

Also do consider that my 2014 property taxes in Aurora are no longer below 1%. They are above 1% for 2014. So in reality, the difference is very little, if any.

Also, please consider the following quote. It is at the very least, borderline prejudice. I will say the following:

- My parents immigrated here. We shovel our driveway and so do most of our neighbours who are mostly recent immigrants.
- Most people in my area (Aurora) are visible minorities and they speak English very well.
- I am fairly certain that there are Caucasian-Canadians who also cannot drive in the winter.
- Everyone in my neighbourhood has assimilated very well to the city of Aurora. Isn't Canadian culture diverse on its own? We were all immigrants at some times, even the Caucasian.

I hope these kinds of comments don't appear very often, because I would like to believe that we have bridged the prejudice/racist gap by 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygaga View Post
Unfortunately, I don't entirely agree.

The majority of the people from overseas are from overseas as they do not speak the English language at all; don't know the Canadian culture at all; don't know how to shovel their driveways and don't know how to drive in winter. This is fact as I have seen it in my neighbourhood time and time again.

I do agree that some families (as you state 5 years ago), who came from overseas, were from Markham and moved to Aurora/Newmarket only because it was too congested. I spoke to a few who managed to speak some English who have told me this as the main reason why they moved north.

If you've been here for at least five years as you state above (Richmond Hill; Markham and Toronto), you would know a lot more about what I mentioned above. But these new residents don't at all.
Personally, I agree that Newmarket is a wonderful place to live. I have never said otherwise. In fact, I have family who live on Davis/Yonge. However, the general perception (from people that never lived up here) tends to mention Aurora in better breath than Newmarket. I have repeatedly said that the Stonvehaven area is absolutely amazing, even better than most of Aurora. However, that is not the general perception.

Last edited by anikiri; 2014-02-25 at 03:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 2014-02-25, 11:24 PM
ladygaga ladygaga is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Copper Hills South
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anikiri View Post
Personally, I agree that Newmarket is a wonderful place to live. I have never said otherwise.
Are you for real?? Your statement up above contradicts with the post you had earlier....you just made yourself look like an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anikiri View Post
Edit: I don't want to make this sound offending, but do consider that Newmarket is not Aurora. Aurora is considered a very well planned, upscale, and wealthy community. Newmarket is not considered this.
Listen, I really don't care who you are, what you do or where you're from. I state facts while you state non-credible information that are not true. Don't mislead people based on your assumptions.

Some advice to you, do some research and find some facts before you end up sticking your foot in your mouth as you did up above. For a University student, you don't sound very bright.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 2014-02-25, 11:45 PM
anikiri anikiri is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Markham
Posts: 148
Default

Sigh, I am trying to keep this civil but apparently I cannot.

First of all I said this:

Edit: I don't want to make this sound offending, but do consider that Newmarket is not Aurora. Aurora is considered a very well planned, upscale, and wealthy community. Newmarket is not considered this. Now personally I think the Stonehaven area is just as good if not better than a lot of areas in Aurora. However, that is beside the point. The tax rate is very similar >1.1% in both Aurora and Newmarket.

Second, I am not an University student. I graduated from the University of Toronto 7 years ago. I also graduated Cornell University with a Masters 5 years ago. I work at Sick Kids Hospital as a researcher. I really have nothing to prove to you.

Third, the things you say are quite racist. I am not the only person who has called you out on this. See "The Arbors" post if anyone feels obliged.

Lastly, I hope you can stop throwing insults at me. I am merely attempting to help people out with information. I live here and it's easier for me to see the surroundings. If you don't like what I have to say or if you feel I have incorrect information, you can simply ignore my posts. I do not see any harm in that.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 2014-02-26, 08:39 AM
ladygaga ladygaga is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Copper Hills South
Posts: 208
Default Anikiri research assistant to Rob Ford

Nowhere in here have I mentioned that I'm targeting any specific ethnic group. You're the one who is making all the assumptions, not me. I'm making valid points in every thread that I write and you're taking everything personal.

For someone who has a research background, it's very shocking. Haven't you learned that perceptions and assumptions that people make lead to biased opinions that really don't have any merit or credit? Facts are important and you don't provide anything here with any credibility.

I found you completely arrogant by putting down a community (Newmarket) that you know nothing about to raise another (Aurora) based on your biased opinion. That's prejudice. Nobody asked you to compare the two communities and there was absolutely no reason for you to rate them when you have no evidence to prove your theory. I proved you wrong with an official document which states Newmarket with a ranking of 10 as one of the best cities to live in Canada...which you still choose to ignore. This is proof, evidence as it is a national survey. I asked you, where is Aurora on this list??? You chose not to respond. Looks like the researcher hasn't done their research.

I am done with you.
Please do not share false information and lure people to thinking what's best for them. You don't know. The only thing you do know, is what is best for you. Some words of advice, keep those prejudice comments to yourself.

Last edited by ladygaga; 2014-02-26 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Spelling errors.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 2014-02-26, 04:11 PM
mmderubeis mmderubeis is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Stouffville
Posts: 6
Default Fieldgate Referral

If anyone decides to buy in Aurora Trails with Fieldgate and would like a referral to receive $500 in upgrades, please contact me !
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 2014-03-04, 12:16 PM
anikiri anikiri is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Markham
Posts: 148
Default

The sales office for these four builders is being built at Wellington & Mavrinac. Today they just started breaking ground. I am pretty sure this is it, as there are huge signs surrounding it.

Remember, the sales site is far removed from the actual residential site. Wellington/Mavrinac is a much better area than St. John's and Leslie.

My best guess is 6 weeks before it is fully built. Start your registering and hope for the prices to be "reasonable."
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 2014-03-10, 11:55 AM
SoloB SoloB is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 71
Default

I hope they will have an early preview like Brookfield did!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 2014-03-10, 04:09 PM
MikeD MikeD is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Aurora/Newmarket
Posts: 187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anikiri View Post
The sales office for these four builders is being built at Wellington & Mavrinac. Today they just started breaking ground. I am pretty sure this is it, as there are huge signs surrounding it.

Remember, the sales site is far removed from the actual residential site. Wellington/Mavrinac is a much better area than St. John's and Leslie.

My best guess is 6 weeks before it is fully built. Start your registering and hope for the prices to be "reasonable."
Those are the sales offices that they are building, in case you were still uncertain. They will be opening them up at the end of May. First of a few phases, with some homes coming very close to where they sales offices are, actually - future phases will be, anyway.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Arista Homes - Phase 5 Milton Trails m-and-c Milton 6 2012-09-24 08:44 PM
Milton Trails - Arista Homes Phase 4 Foxyjo Milton 180 2012-08-25 12:44 PM
Arista - Milton Trails Price List? DanThaMan Milton 3 2010-01-20 04:13 PM
Milton Trails Arista Homes in Phase II aristapaul Milton 1 2008-12-19 01:37 PM
Arista Homes, Milton Trails ternoway Milton 3 2007-08-28 12:45 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:08 AM.



Copyright © PHAND Corporation
This document may not be used elsewhere without the expressed written consent of PHAND Corporation.
*** There is no association between this website and any builder. ***

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.