Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan

Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan Arista, Aspen Ridge, Avant, Ballantry, BurOak, Sierra Homes, CastleSquare, H&R, Lakeview, Cathedraltown, Mattamy, Country Wide, Starlane, Esquire Homes, Fieldgate, Forest Hill, Royal Park Homes, Great West, Greenpark, Kylemore, Remington Homes, Silver Valley, Laurier, Madison, Monarch, Liberty, Rosehaven, Sky Homes, Touchstone, Kylemore

Old 2014-09-23, 06:09 PM
Regular User

Default Renaissance Townes by Primont Homes - Woodbridge

My future wife and I have just recently signed a conditional agreement of purchase and sale at this development at Weston and Major Mackenzie. We're pretty excited about it since it will be the first home for both of us.

I was wondering if anyone else here has made a purchase in this development or neighbourhood. I'm currently living at Yonge and Eglinton, so Woodbridge is completely new territory for me.

I've had a lawyer review our purchase agreement and I've sent his comments to the builder, through the sales office rep. I'm anxiously awaiting for their response. Does anyone have experience with this part of the process? How long do builders usually take to respond?
Old 2014-10-02, 04:14 PM
Regular User

To follow up, the builder got back to me about four days after I gave them my lawyer's comments. I didn't receive some of the items I had requested to be amended (e.g. dropping the survey cost) but I did manage to get a cap on development charges, which was a big concern of mine. Hope this post helps someone in the future.

Next step: wait for the decor centre to open and convince my future wife that we should get upgrades!
Old 2014-11-05, 07:00 PM
Regular User

Hi comicbookguy. We purchased the Bellini model from Primont back in July. I am also moving from Toronto to Woodbridge... Big change but looking forward to it!! Do you know when the decor centre will be opening up?
Old 2014-11-06, 09:06 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by allgrownup View Post
Hi comicbookguy. We purchased the Bellini model from Primont back in July. I am also moving from Toronto to Woodbridge... Big change but looking forward to it!! Do you know when the decor centre will be opening up?
Congratulations! Is this also your first home?

I've been looking up traffic maps on Google Maps for the last two months trying to get a sense of what my future commute will be like. I'll be going from Woodbridge to Yonge and Eglinton in the mornings.

The last I heard from the sales office, they were trying to open the decor centre by December. I haven't heard any update since then, but I think January was the original target date.

When I bought my house in September, they were about to release another phase of the development. Based on their website, I don't think that's happened yet either.
Old 2014-11-07, 11:59 AM
Regular User

Yes, it's our first home! We both work really close by but I have friends that do the Woodbridge - midtown commute and it's not too bad (depending what time you leave of course). We went to the site last weekend and it looks as though they've started digging. Roads maybe?
Old 2014-11-10, 04:48 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Yes, it's our first home! We both work really close by but I have friends that do the Woodbridge - midtown commute and it's not too bad (depending what time you leave of course). We went to the site last weekend and it looks as though they've started digging. Roads maybe?
Good to know the commute isn't that bad. My current commute is an 8-minute walk.

They're probably digging the roads. I saw a schedule at the sales office that showed construction starts for the different units, and I think the earliest was March 2015. I looked through the City of Vaughan's website but couldn't find any info on our development. I know that when we signed our agreement in October the site plan was not registered with the City yet. Once that occurs, I will probably contact the City to find out if there will be fire hydrant or electrical box in front of my home.
Old 2015-01-12, 02:12 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Did you get the email regarding the Decor Centre? It's in a couple of weeks.
Old 2015-01-12, 07:15 PM
Regular User

Yes! Got it this afternoon. Sounds exciting. Which day are you thinking of going?
Old 2015-01-13, 10:57 AM
Regular User

We are going on the Thursday. How about you? I'm guessing it is an info session after which we book an appointment and actually make our selections.
Old 2015-01-14, 05:52 PM
Regular User

We're going on the Wednesday. It's probably just an info session. It'll be nice to meet some of the neighbours though... And to take a look what they offer for in terms of finishings. I Wonder if they'll be calling us soon to book our structural appointment... We have some things we'd like to change.