Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Richmond Hill

Richmond Hill Century Grove, Democrat Homes, Acorn Homes, Fieldgate, Heathwood Homes, Vogue Development, Brookfield, Sky Homes, Genesis Homes, Fairgate, Fernbrook, Fieldgate, Tribute, Lebovic, Maple Lane, Great West, Mirrow Homes, Queensgate, Primont, Saberwood, Edenbrook, Luvian, Kaitlin, Pemberton, Empire Homes, H&R, Wyecliffe, The Woodlands and more!

Old 2011-08-17, 02:30 PM
Regular User

Default MacLeod's Landing - Bathurst/Jefferson Sdrd

Hi,

I know Aspen Ridge released it's final stage "Ovation". Does anyone know when they plan to complete this?

Also, there used to be a plan to out a small park and now the area site plan on Aspen website shows just trees. I though there will be a small kids park so a bit disappointed about that.

Last edited by Kats; 2014-10-24 at 02:08 PM.
Old 2011-08-17, 04:40 PM
Regular User

Hi Kats.

Yes, the other thread was started in 2007, but it covers all of MacLeod's Landing (Yonge/Jefferson, Bathurst/Jefferson and Bathurst/Kingshill), so you may get more traction there.

As far as construction, I live on Heather Drive in the Bathurst/Kingshill area. We moved in about a year ago. We just had the second coat put on our driveways, as well as the actual street. We're still waiting for the mailboxes to be relocated, and some of the sidewalks completed.

Although it looks way better than it did a yr ago, as we now have driveways, sod, trees, etc., there is still some work to be done.
On my side, I assume that most work will be done by fall.

Where you are, as the ravine homes off Milos are not even completed, I'd say that the area will still be under construction of some kind for the next year-sorry.

As for the park in your area, I saw the initial rendering too, and I don't know why it changed.

Two years ago, I was told about a new plaza/grocery store @ Yonge/Silver Maple......that has yet to be built.

I noticed that the Sales Office was torn down last week. I believe that Mike/Matty are now working out of the model homes on Milos Rd. They may be able to give you a little more info as well.

Good Luck,
Newhillian.
Old 2012-03-18, 03:15 PM
Regular User

Hi Newhillian!

Can't believe I haven't checked in for almost half a year!

Yes, they are going to develop that site at Yonge & Silver Maple Road and I am aware of some things that will go in there - LCBO, RBC and a gas station which is amazing. They also will have abou 15 small unites and 2 more anchor units that are bigger and I heard the talks for the "Metro" to go there which would be fantastic!

I also thought that they were supposed to develop a pathway from your neighborhood at "Grovewood Park" though to Phillips Lake that would finish with the exit to Jefferson Sideroad's small pond between two communities.

Also for those interested, it seems like the new school that is being built at Jefferson and Selwyn Rd is going to be French immersion elementary.

I am also interested as to what will go into the smaller plaza beside the William Neal Park.
Old 2012-03-21, 12:44 AM

Hooray.. more MacLeod's Landing folks!

We bought our first home on Amaranth Court...closing in August... I don't know how you two found it during construction, but I'm counting down the days and visiting the site weekly, such that it makes Sunday my favorite day of the week!!

I know it's kind of Oak Ridges and all, but I have been wondering for a while if and when there would be any big businesses or grocery stores moving into the area. If what you are saying about Metro and RBC moving into that open area on Yonge and Silver Maple is true that would make me very happy!!

I guess I'll have to wait another 15 years for Canadian Tire or Walmart to move into the area
Old 2012-03-25, 09:40 PM
Regular User

After living here for about 2 yrs:

- You get used to "where stores are" in relation to your house
- We travel to Aurora more than I ever thought we would (nice town!)
- It doesn't take as long to travel to local stores as you'd think
- You actually start to enjoy the peace (my in-laws in Thornhill are close to Yonge/Steeles and it almost feels like "downtown" by comparison to our area)

Also the Canadian Tire at Yonge/TowerHill is less than 5 min away.

When I think of "Oak Ridges" my mind tends to relate to the Lake Wilcox area. When I talk to people, I usually say "North Richmond Hill". I'm closer to the Elgin West Community Centre then I am to the new "Oak Ridges" one....

Cheers!
Old 2012-03-28, 06:03 PM

Good points - thanks!!

I just heard from a coworker who lives in an earlier phase of MacLeod's Landing (moved in one year ago) that there are no Bell phone lines buried and wired to her home. Is this still how things really are in the houses currently being built? What about your homes?

Is that crazy?
Old 2012-03-29, 04:41 PM
Regular User

Yes, Aspen Ridge (and most other GTA builders...) have exclusive deals with "Rogers".

Get used to being at the mercy of Ted's offspring...

You can always get Bell satellite TV, but your mainstream phone and internet service are Rogers......FOREVER!

You get used to saying "289-234-XXXX" and then getting the response:
"289? What sorta area code is that!"

What will the uninformed say when "365" soon comes into play...?

Last edited by newhillian; 2012-03-29 at 04:56 PM.
Old 2012-04-02, 09:56 AM
Regular User

Kmabee - Congrats on your house! Its' a fun stage when you get to see weekly progression. I wonder if your closeing date means that most of the homes in the are will be finished this summer. We have Canadian Tire here btw.

I think the Bell poles are still absent here but I am not completely sure.

What also bothers me is the amount of garbage people throw around in this area. i am not sure if it's the residents or the people who come to work site. I wonder if organizing a community cleanup could be successful.
Old 2012-04-18, 11:03 PM
Regular User

Any idea what they're building on Bathurst/Tower Hill?

To the west of the new french immersion school being built some construction has gone up for what appears to be a mini strip plaza.
Old 2012-04-19, 09:17 AM
Regular User

Hi Rinse82!

I am quite sure that on that plaza at Bathurst/Tower Hill an RBC bank will go in. Also possibly a coffee shop.

Also there is going to be a HUGE project at 12050 Yonge Street - Yonge St and just a little to the south side of Jefferson Sideroad. They are planning on building a big complex of apartments and offices/medical offices, overtaking existing run-down used vehicle dealership that is there right now. A total of 133 residential units, 2-storey medical office building with ground floor retail and commercial uses. The plan is amazing and they will be adding a beautiful landscaped sidewalk and pedestrian friendly area. I believe they are also planning to build a sidewalk on Yonge St to connect Jefferson Sideroad up to where Sobeys is.

I don't know about everyone else but I am super excited when nice developments like this happen in our area with more amenities, yet still preserving areas of nature.

There will also be a project of townhomes going right on Jefferson Sideroad at intersection with Beech Ave. I believe a certain builder bought out a couple of old private homes that are standing there right now which will be demolished and townhomes will go in.