Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Milton - Hollybank

Old 2007-07-16, 12:48 PM
Regular User

Smile Grading to the backyards

I have heard that there was a meeting last week on the grading differences to our fellow neighbours backyard. Did anyone go to this meeting?....and was there a resolution? I did not know about the meeting until after it apparently took place.

I have also heard that the city maynot accept the grading differences as they lay now....possibly Sundial might have to build a retaining wall? This is all heresay though, but if anyone has any accurate information about this situation, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thank You,
Sandra
Old 2007-08-08, 09:27 PM
Regular User

Default Grading Issues and Corrections in Sundial Phase 2

I just wanted to let you know that there does exists a deficiency with regards to the grading that Sundial and the Developer MMM have proposed here. A meeting was set up with Sundial, who failed to show up, the Developer MMM, The Town of Milton Engineering Department Jim, Barry McNeil and Brian Penman who are MPP's for our area and any Sundial Homeowner that wished to be present for the meeting. We all met on Holdsworth Crescent. There was a letter that was posted on the Mailboxes on Vickerman stating this meeting that was going to occur.

Since the meeting it has been found that there is an issue with the grading that is interferring with the drainage of water on our lots. We are now waiting for them to complete their overview of the lots and come up with a proposed fix for the issue.

I hope this helps with your inquiry.
Lot. #38-1067 Holdsworth Crescent
Milton, ON
Old 2007-08-09, 12:36 PM
Regular User

Smile

Thank's Jennifer for your reply. We found out about the meeting after it happened and wished we too could have been there to discuss the backyard issues we have as well. I hope there is a resolvement that will make us homeowners happy, after all, we all have paid alot of money for our homes and I do not want to be dealing with water or drainage issues after Sundial has left the area.

Heres hoping for a positive and quick resolution to our issues!!

Sandra
Old 2007-08-11, 11:57 PM
Regular User

Default Meeting

That is too bad that you didn't have the opportunity to voice your concerns for your lot. As I said there was a post up on the mailboxes about the meeting that a few of us had organized with regards to this issue. I am not sure where things stand but I believe that the plan is for them to return and look at each lot separately.There is a woman on lives on at 1041 Holdsworth who is in constant contact with the Town of Milton and the 2 MPP's that are involved. If you have any questions you can pop by there. I believe that she also called every person that lives in Phase 2 Hollybank not including the townhouses about this too.

Hope that info helps.
Milton, ON
Old 2007-08-12, 10:35 AM
Regular User

I can understand everyone’s issues with grading because it’s also going to affect my townhouse. Not so much for my backyard but for the side of my house.

Before I signed the contract for my house I was shown the grading for my lot and it wasn’t much of an issue because according to the plans there wasn’t much grading that would be done.

After my foundation was built I became a little concerned about the grading on the side because as you can see the foundation sits well above the utility boxes; which are only 3.5 meters away from the house. The top of my foundation membrane is level with the top of the utility boxes.

Unless they build a retaining wall around these boxes or bury them there’s going to be quite a noticeable slope on the side of my house. Even when I showed my pictures to the sales person and we rechecked the plans I was still given assurances that there wasn’t going to be a large grading done to the side of my house.

Any ideas how they are going to actually live up to their word and not have a large slope on the side of my house?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00822.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	463   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00822-2.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	464  
Old 2007-08-12, 12:14 PM
Regular User

Default Grading

Just to fore warn you that they try and pass the buck as much as possible. We have heard every excuse and being told that it is by the plans. You need to document things and keep at the builder, developer and Town of Milton Engineering department. It costs a lot of money for any type of retaining wall and have been told that it won't be an option. I have no idea what they are going to do. The steps and front yards have been done wrong, the sidewalks are screwed up and the grading in the backyards is horrible. I can't believe that they think that it is okay to use a homeowners basement as part of the drainage process.

There needs to be a light at the end of the tunnel some how.
Milton, ON