Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2014-07-28, 11:06 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8day View Post
Just called the city of Ottawa. They told me that they started larvicides treatment in Kanata on July 18 and it takes about 3 weeks until we can see results. They will apply it 2 more times in August.

After that they will do the same in the east side of Ottawa.
Thanks gr8day...calling the city soon to get them to realize that this is becoming an issue.

My 2 year daughter has been bitten under the eye twice and the swelling has been so intense that she was unable to see through one eye because of the swelling. We gave her benadryl, but I dont want to do this everytime she goes out.
Old 2014-07-28, 11:41 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetadad View Post
Thanks gr8day...calling the city soon to get them to realize that this is becoming an issue.

My 2 year daughter has been bitten under the eye twice and the swelling has been so intense that she was unable to see through one eye because of the swelling. We gave her benadryl, but I dont want to do this everytime she goes out.
Sweetadad, I use aloe-vera plant on the kids (and on adults too) for the mosquito bites. It helps a lot. I have this plant for years, and this year it is used a lot
I would be careful around the eyes tho.
Old 2015-02-09, 10:58 AM
Regular User

Default Time for action

Time to plan for the summer, and after the horrible mosquitos invasion we had in Kanata last summer, we need to start planning early. I am going to call the city as I did last year. They need to start applying the larvacide they applied last summer, but much earlier than they did. It helped, but only for a short time. That’s why we need to start calling again so they can plan ahead and start early so we can enjoy our back yards and avoid the possibility of contracting the West Nile Virus.

I am asking that others will make the call to the city as well, so they will start moving things faster. Last year they only started treatment in mid July and the results were felt only mid to end of August. It’s frustrating that the whole summer the kids couldn’t enjoy the outdoors. Time to make the call.
I will post updates after I talk with the city.

Last edited by gr8day; 2015-02-09 at 11:29 AM.