Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2012-03-17, 04:24 PM
Regular User

Default Tile Upgrade

We are in the middle of the design centre process, I must admit that I don't like the way that Tartan operates (guessing it's pretty standard) although I love their choices. We're meant to meet for our 3 hour colour selection, fill out what we want and then wait for the price to come back from Head Office and then make a final decision. As we're on a tight budget a lot of things impact each decision we make....and I would love to be able to have prices as we go along....

I know it varies from house to house but can anyone give me a rough price of upgrading from standard tiles to A+ for the en-suite (white cedar). Also for having a mosaic trim incorporated into the backsplash in the kitchen, bathroom and en-suite. Is there a basic rule of thumb per foot or is it not as simple as this?!

Thanks
Melanie
Old 2012-03-17, 08:15 PM
Regular User

I don't think it's that simple. I hated their format as well.
Don't be afraid of the A+ etc. We ended up getting an RFP (request for price - which makes you think you're asking for the sun, the moon AND the stars) and the price was very reasonable.
As for the mosaic backsplash, you can expect that to be anywhere from $1k-$2500. Cheaper to do after likely.