Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2007-08-30, 08:33 PM
Regular User

Default Private Messages

I understand that some of us are sharing enough information - that others here know where we are going to be living....and our reno/upgrade/etc. plans.

Has anyone else recieved lengthy, to the point of rude private messages?
I mean, I love being helpful...but I am not the sales center and i don't do design work for free.

*me irritated*
Old 2007-08-30, 10:28 PM
Regular User

not entirely sure what you meant M0nkey

If there's something that needs to be addressed, feel free to spill the beans. I don't use PM a whole lot, most of the time it's personal stuff anyway
Old 2007-08-30, 10:40 PM
Regular User

Sorry, I was irked and trying to be polite.

I just got a laundry list of upgrades from this person ...very specific upgrades. And he says "I would like the prices of the following". No please...nothing.

Then has the gall to continue on asking a bozillion questions about the model of my home and what he should do with his (the same model).

I think it was the stupid questions that set me off after the no politeness. I'm better now...ranting done.
Old 2007-08-31, 08:07 AM
Regular User

Why not just tell them to pickup the price list? I mean I wouldn't mind helping someone out either but I am not spending an hour answering questions for someone that doesn't do their own homework.
Old 2007-08-31, 08:50 AM
Regular User

That's too bad about the rude PM M0nk3y!! I can see your frustration when people expect you to answer every little detail about your home without saying please or anything.

I know I was more than happy to answer people's questions about prices and often volunteered information for everyone and luckily, it's because everyone here has been so courteous and appreciative of the info. And yes, people should do some of their own investigating so they can learn a little bit on their own.

Maybe this person just didn't really know how to politely ask for everything and came across in a negative way by mistake...who knows. I hope all goes well with your home though!!