Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > King Township / Kleinburg Hills

King Township / Kleinburg Hills Aspen Ridge, Country Wide Homes and more!

Old 2018-02-22, 02:48 PM
Regular User

Default King City GO Station free parking

Hi,

Does anyone know if King city GO station has the free parking spot available if I get there around 7.45-8am?
Thanks
Old 2018-02-23, 11:11 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badtz View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know if King city GO station has the free parking spot available if I get there around 7.45-8am?
Thanks
Traditionally no, not at the King City Station itself. They have an overflow lot a couple of blocks north of the station that may be available, but usually at that time I used to drive down to the Maple station.

King station has approximately 400 spaces, while Maple has 1,100 spaces, but even that one at that time may be full.

What I did was rent a space from Metrolinx for $75/month, and you have a guaranteed space. I was able to arrive at King station at anytime I wanted and I always had a space. I would highly recommend this approach, and I would not hesitate to do it again if I get a long term contract downtown Toronto.
Old 2018-02-26, 03:51 PM
Regular User

I see. Occasionally I need to take the train to downtown so didnt make sense to purchase the monthly parking.
I guess I have to check it out one of the week to see the availability at 7.30am.