Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Simcoe

Simcoe Orillia, Lake Simcoe, Lake Couchiching to Collingwood, Georgian Triangle, Barrie, Alliston, Cookstown, Tottenham, Bradford, Holland Marsh, Midland, Penetanguishene, Georgian Bay, Trent Severn Waterway.

Old 2012-10-11, 05:44 AM
Regular User

Yes security is tight now we do the same, go every weekend to chk the progress but now you can't even drive in. Our friends close today and we close on the 18th so I am pretty sure security will be non existent after today, I really don't want to have to show ID every time I come and go out of my driveway lol!
7 days till we get our keys! It's very surreal but very exciting!!!!! See you all soon
Old 2012-10-18, 04:09 PM
Regular User

Hi Parkside,
How did the closing go? How do things look in the division, still a lot going on? And how's security? We close in a few weeks and I'm starting to get anxious!
Old 2012-10-18, 09:43 PM
Regular User

Hi Krwr,
WE ARE CLOSED!!! Wooooohooooo! The house looks great, still a few touch ups need to be done here and there, but all in all it's fab! The security is still there but can't really stop anyone as there are people living there, so definitely do some drive bys! If they stop you just say you are visiting me at lot 51 LOL! We don't actually move in till the 27th as we are going to get some painting done.
Good luck with your closing, it will be here before you know it! See you on the street
Old 2012-11-04, 08:28 PM

We are looking into purchasing the Severn model. Those of you who have moved into your homes - any issues to report? How was the experience in the decor centre? What is the quality of finish in the interior? Are you experiencing noise issues being close to Innisfil Beach Road?

Any information you can provide will be helpful. Thank-you!!
Old 2012-11-08, 08:52 PM
Regular User

We bought a Severn. We are supposed to close on Nov 15, but haven't had our PDI yet. For those of you that have closed, how much advance notice were you given for your PDI appointment? We are still waiting for the call and we close in a week.
Old 2012-11-09, 07:58 PM
Regular User

We only had a couple of days notice for our PDI, and it happened he day before we closed. On the day of our PDI we couldn't properly inspect the house as a lot still had to be done! I was a little stressed about it, but 24hrs later we had the keys and the house was ready! The house is great, however expect little things to still need completing after you close, we have been closed for almost a month now and are still in the midst of having things done (paint touch ups, hardwood floor touch ups etc) but the crew are great and get things done, just make sure you make a list and stay on top of it. Get ready for your car to be super dusty lol! But it's all worth it, it's great to be finally HOME! Good luck
Old 2012-11-15, 08:19 PM
Regular User

We closed today! PDI was yesterday. I love it! And everyone was so helpful and got right on the ball with touchups yesterday. Still other things to do and nothing too major. And in a couple of weeks we will be moving in!
Old 2012-12-01, 11:39 AM
Regular User

Default Rogers?

Question for anyone who has already moved in....has anyone had problems with Rogers? We had set up the 1 yr feel deal and now are getting a call from them asking how they can help us save money on the services we have. Apparently we are getting charged for everything.
Old 2012-12-14, 09:09 AM
Regular User

So far we haven't been charged for anything through Rogers, haven't had any calls from them either. Good luck!
Old 2013-01-06, 10:30 PM

Hi, has anyone moved in with children yet? I'D like to get some feed back on the Catholic school in the area? Our closing date is September 2013 (hopefully) How have the roads been for travelling so far this winter? I will be travelling to Woodbridge every day for work, and have been warned by many about the icy roads!! Does anyone have any positive feedback on the area, schools, etc? Im having second thoughts about the move, more so for my kids who are 6 and 8 - it will be such a change for them.
thanks