Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2019-06-20, 10:38 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl_utch View Post
Alright, I also went with black windows.. all their colour packages looked different than what I saw around the neighbourhood. Oh well, we’ll see how she turns out in November! I’m anxious for pricing of upgrades to be released.. did anyone upgrade their flooring to wide planks? What level would that be?
They didnt provide you with a sheet with the levels and prices? They should have. A friend just bought in phase 2 and received the sheet. You should ask. We didnt upgrade the hardwood but our neighbours went up a few levels and it was a couple thousand.. if i remember correctly the hardwood upgrade costs arent that bad we just liked the free choices.

I think the widest planks are up high on the levels
Old 2019-06-24, 02:08 AM
Regular User

They did, I received an upgrade sheet. That being said, it's hard to budget without knowing exactly what options are available within each level.

I went to the design centre this weekend, however, it wasn't very fruitful being that they are still finalizing vendors for Mahogany's Phase 2.

For now, I think I'll budget for an upgrade in the smooth countertops and likely the flooring.

As for the stair unit, do you recall what kind of railings came standard? Are they colonial? If so, I'll have to upgrade that too.
Old 2019-06-24, 08:39 AM
Regular User

Quote:
They did, I received an upgrade sheet. That being said, it's hard to budget without knowing exactly what options are available within each level.

I went to the design centre this weekend, however, it wasn't very fruitful being that they are still finalizing vendors for Mahogany's Phase 2.

For now, I think I'll budget for an upgrade in the smooth countertops and likely the flooring.

As for the stair unit, do you recall what kind of railings came standard? Are they colonial? If so, I'll have to upgrade that too.
Yah it was the wood posts with the round ball decorative posts i think thats colonial. We upgraded our spindles to black iron and the posts were upgraded for free to modern square ones
Old 2019-08-04, 12:48 PM
Regular User

Hey all, was thinking about driving down to the Mahogany site to look at my empty plot of land LOL, has there been any changes? Is it worth a drive down there? The last time I was in the area was about 2 months ago, in June.
Old 2019-08-04, 01:39 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Hey all, was thinking about driving down to the Mahogany site to look at my empty plot of land LOL, has there been any changes? Is it worth a drive down there? The last time I was in the area was about 2 months ago, in June.
Theres actually mounds of dirt now lol i think they starting digging but maybe to put in the sewer system because theres those big cement barrels
Old 2019-08-09, 10:23 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by reens09 View Post
Theres actually mounds of dirt now lol i think they starting digging but maybe to put in the sewer system because theres those big cement barrels
And last I heard (over a month ago), they were behind schedule on the servicing, so they're probably trying to play catch-up.
Old 2019-08-09, 05:48 PM
Regular User

Looks like they’ve sold out of their 38’ lots and most of their 45’ lots as well. I wonder who my neighbour will be 👀👀

I also heard that they’ve yet to receive site servicing maps for phase 2, so playing catch up sounds about right.