Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Appliances and Furniture

Appliances and Furniture What fits? Where to get it? How will it look?


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 2014-11-26, 12:08 PM
kitutd kitutd is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Ontario/Brampton
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum_ghost View Post
Speak to Nindi only when you go to Billa. And tell him that Kerry "the Bluestar guy" sent you. lol it's kinda funny but i was the first person to request a Bluestar from them adn after i bought they started offering them.
Thanks for the contact info, I hope you are getting a kick back from them lol.

Did you go to Billa Appliances in Markham or was there a different location you purchased from?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 2014-11-26, 02:23 PM
Forum_ghost's Avatar
Forum_ghost Forum_ghost is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ontario/Stouffville
Posts: 327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitutd View Post
Thanks for the contact info, I hope you are getting a kick back from them lol.

Did you go to Billa Appliances in Markham or was there a different location you purchased from?
no it was Markham that i purchased from......I wish i was getting a kick back from them lol
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 2014-11-27, 12:56 AM
TKG26 TKG26 is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: HMB
Posts: 1,857
Default

FYI get the install manual to your builder. IT will have all the clearances required.

These near commercial sized ranges have clearance requirements that exceed your typical slide in gas range.. Clearance to combustibles vs Clearance to combustible surfaces are not the same. 30" the hood may be find from the counter top but on some its 30" from the cooking surface.

Just an FYI
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 2014-11-27, 10:42 AM
kitutd kitutd is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Ontario/Brampton
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKG26 View Post
FYI get the install manual to your builder. IT will have all the clearances required.

These near commercial sized ranges have clearance requirements that exceed your typical slide in gas range.. Clearance to combustibles vs Clearance to combustible surfaces are not the same. 30" the hood may be find from the counter top but on some its 30" from the cooking surface.

Just an FYI
Thanks that is good to know as I am not sure how all that works, I always assumed a hood fan just took away smoke but I guess it has other purposes as well. If I give those manuals to my builder will they follow them?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 2014-11-27, 07:04 PM
TKG26 TKG26 is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: HMB
Posts: 1,857
Default

Side cabinets are normally 18" above counter, but if you opt of valance lighting that will drop below the 18" mark. Depending on the stove the valance may need to be moved 3-5" left and right of the stove..

Again model to model will give specifications. I find these high end commerical grade units have the most restrictions..
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 2014-11-28, 12:04 PM
kitutd kitutd is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Ontario/Brampton
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKG26 View Post
Side cabinets are normally 18" above counter, but if you opt of valance lighting that will drop below the 18" mark. Depending on the stove the valance may need to be moved 3-5" left and right of the stove..

Again model to model will give specifications. I find these high end commerical grade units have the most restrictions..
Thanks TKG26, I downloaded the manual and it seems okay from what I am seeing but I will give that to the installers when that time comes. I am also looking at getting a 42" hood range as I want the charbroiler so my clearance from the upper cabinets should be okay but I will have to be careful about the clearance between the hood range and stove top.
Thanks for bringing this up as I would never have thought about it and actually took the time to research lol
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 2015-01-05, 10:42 AM
kitutd kitutd is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Ontario/Brampton
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum_ghost View Post
Speak to Nindi only when you go to Billa. And tell him that Kerry "the Bluestar guy" sent you. lol it's kinda funny but i was the first person to request a Bluestar from them adn after i bought they started offering them.
Hi Kerry

Happy New year. So I ended up going to Billa appliances on boxing day and spoke to Nindi, I mentioned your name and he smiled and told me you were his first bluestar sale. I just wanted to update you and say I went with the 36"bluestar range with indoor grill. I ended up getting samsung appliances with the bluestar range. The deal was So much better than anywhere else, the range cost close to $8700 for what I wanted and he was able to bring it down to under $5500. Its still expensive but its more in line with the price bluestar mentions on there site. I just wanted to say thanks for your advice and I cant wait to start using the range once my house is built.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 2015-01-05, 03:27 PM
Forum_ghost's Avatar
Forum_ghost Forum_ghost is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ontario/Stouffville
Posts: 327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitutd View Post
Hi Kerry

Happy New year. So I ended up going to Billa appliances on boxing day and spoke to Nindi, I mentioned your name and he smiled and told me you were his first bluestar sale. I just wanted to update you and say I went with the 36"bluestar range with indoor grill. I ended up getting samsung appliances with the bluestar range. The deal was So much better than anywhere else, the range cost close to $8700 for what I wanted and he was able to bring it down to under $5500. Its still expensive but its more in line with the price bluestar mentions on there site. I just wanted to say thanks for your advice and I cant wait to start using the range once my house is built.
Hwy Kitutd! Happy New Year!!!!....and a huge CONGRATS on the purchase!!!

Lol Nindi is an awesome guy and is somehow able to work magic with the prices. I found that his prices were better than boxing day prices.

Anyways, I'm really glad i could help and i know you're going to love your new range. Enjoy
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 2015-06-09, 04:36 PM
dheeraj.arcot dheeraj.arcot is offline
Junior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Ontario/Mississauga
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum_ghost View Post
Hwy Kitutd! Happy New Year!!!!....and a huge CONGRATS on the purchase!!!

Lol Nindi is an awesome guy and is somehow able to work magic with the prices. I found that his prices were better than boxing day prices.

Anyways, I'm really glad i could help and i know you're going to love your new range. Enjoy
I read the entire conversation here and getting bit excited. though i'm still at the design stage of our custom built house. But the excitement of looking at the range and rangehood is good enough. We are strong curry cooking family so I was thinking the only option we have is sakura products as they are really good for indian cooking. But after viewing this i want to look at the billa appliances first to get some advise. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 2015-06-09, 11:07 PM
kitutd kitutd is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Ontario/Brampton
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheeraj.arcot View Post
I read the entire conversation here and getting bit excited. though i'm still at the design stage of our custom built house. But the excitement of looking at the range and rangehood is good enough. We are strong curry cooking family so I was thinking the only option we have is sakura products as they are really good for indian cooking. But after viewing this i want to look at the billa appliances first to get some advise. Thanks
Hi Dheeraj,

Definitely take a look at Billa and what they offer, even if you dont find it there and have a product in mind let them know and they might be able to get it for you. I would proceed with caution with your hood range though. I just had my decor appt with my builder and to have a chimney style hood range where there are no cabinets above I actually had to get a hood range through the builder. I was not happy with that but will still get the hood range I want which is better and install it later and hopefully sell the one I got through the builder.

Good luck, happy shopping and let us know what you end up getting
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
blue star, gas range, kitchen appliance, wolf

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blue Sky - Advice on new phase Gus Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane 4 2014-07-01 01:25 AM
Tartan Blue Spruce? mc_ottawa Ottawa 1 2011-03-21 12:55 PM
Gas Range- Instalation of Gas line/Range required Rockvegas Ottawa 7 2009-08-31 12:09 PM
Range Hood: Wood Canopy Vs Stainless Steel Range Hoods Sade Appliances and Furniture 0 2009-07-13 11:53 AM
Blue Sky Sales newhomes Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane 33 2007-02-16 02:01 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:31 PM.



Copyright © PHAND Corporation
This document may not be used elsewhere without the expressed written consent of PHAND Corporation.
*** There is no association between this website and any builder. ***

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.